Thread: Something to ponder over your next jab...

Blue Sky Guest

Default Something to ponder over your next jab...

Hi,

I thought I’d share some words of wisdom from information I received from my IVF counsellors a while ago which I feel helped me. Hope it helps you too.

Accept that your partner will be emotionally different to you. We don’t tend to ‘marry’ ourselves.

](*,) Modify your expectations of friends / family. Few will have bad intentions but unless they have stood in your shoes, they are guessing as to what you’re going through

#-o Distinguish between things that you can and can’t influence. Eg. Your behaviour vs. other peoples behaviour

8-[ Accept that you are negotiating a chaotic life path and life will inevitably feel out of control and/or stuck at times.

=; Refuse to accept unfair judgements about you or the way you are handling your situation. Others are not in your shoes.

:? Try to visualise many varied futures. Discuss your Plan B with your partner. It won’t make it any more likely to happen.

:hugs: Adopt a best friend attitude to yourself. Eg. Accept/forgive rather than blame yourself.

:flower: Educate friends and family if they are interested and keen to support you. Most people’s understanding of fertility and IVF has been formed through the media.

Cheers
    H

=D>
    Great advice there Blue