Thread: Transferring 2

*las* Guest

Default Transferring 2

I just wanted to get some thoughts.

I've only ever transferred 1 embryo, I did have some difficulties with my first pregnancy and my FS was keen to only transfer 1 just in case. I've also had 2 m/c since having DS.

I know not all pregnancies are the same, there is a chance I won't have any problems at all next time, I'd really love to transfer my last 2 of this batch and see what happens, or given the above reasons, am I being unrealistic???

Thanks!

Hi Lisa
    We have just been through the whole decision thing about how many to transfer this cycle...we have gone with 2 purely because we've been trying for 8 years and twins would be just fine!!!! Everyone tells you something different but in the end you have to do what's right for you. What has your FS said? Your health is a pretty big consideration! Good luck...sending lots of positives your way!!!!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Lis,

Just wanted to pop in and wish you loads of luck hun!

*mwah*

Hi there,
    I had one transferred with my 1st IVF and had compliacations during pregnancy resulting in a very prem baby. We were lucky not to have transferred 2 and as a result will only transfer one.
    I suppose it depends on what your complications were in your first pregnancy and the liklihood of this occuring again. I tend to think that the FS usually knows what they are talking about and would be making an educated assessment of the risk.
    The decision is, however, yours to make. Goodluck! I hope it all goes well.

*las* Guest

Thanks Ellie and Carrie.

Ellie - Just wanted to say I hope you have that much wanted babe in arms soon.
    Carrie - sorry you had a premmie bub, hope all is ok now. Are you with MIVF at all?? If so, do you use the satelite clinic in Ringwood? That is where I'm at.

I had some minor things - cyst burst at 6 weeks, PUPPS from 19 weeks but at 24 weeks had a threatened pre-term labour (apparently I have an 'irritable uterus!) and was on Nefedipine for the rest of the pregnancy, and my membranes starting leaking at 32 weeks. I was eventually induced just short of 37 weeks. So even though some minor things, they were managed easilly enough.

Relle - thanks, you are such a sweetie *mwa* back at ya!

Hey Lisa,
    Yep on both accounts. Who is your FS?

*las* Guest

The lovely Greg Fox!

You?

I'm with John McBain, but have been seeing Greg more than John since he is out at Ringwood more. He is a lovely man. Although I was under John McBain, I also saw Greg out at Ringwood during my first IVF cycle in 2005.

Ive just had 2 Embies transfered today. I always do 2 to better my chances. Oh yes not all pgs are the same. Good luck!!!