Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED GONAL-F Pen injections

Default URGENT ADVICE NEEDED GONAL-F Pen injections

Hey Hey everyone,
    Well the last 3 days I have been injecting 75IU into my belly now my concern is when injecting i pull the top bit out then push it in to inject my pen clicks twice when I do this is that right or am I doubling up I am soo worried i have doubled up!

Any help would be appreciated xx

if you've pulled it to the correct measurement, it won't double dose you - there are probably markers on the pen at regular intervals and that is the clicking sound. i haven't used gonal-f, but i know the puregon one works similarly - and when i was injecting i'd hear about 8 clicks as i pressed it in... i assume gonal f would work very similarly

hope that helps to put your mind at ease a bit - i'm sure one of the girls that has used gonal f will pop in and confirm shortly

Nothing to worry about. I've used Gonal f and so long as you dialed up the right dose it won't double. I was on a much higher does and it would click about 8 or 9 times.

Excellent thanks heaps ladies I was stressing

You are ok babe, i was on 37.5 at the start and i remember that being one click. I think i went up to 75 and that was two clicks. I'm sure you are spot on.

barney Guest

your going good hunny 2 cliks is normal i was on 225iu and that was about 6/7 clicks
    good luk

pollyanna and Smithy thanks for the advise ladies that makes me feel more safe

pollyanna - Did you fall preg on Gonal-F???

Goodluck for your cycle! I was on clomid for about 18 months and didn't fall pregnant, then we did IVF ICSI on the Gonal F and I have fallen pregnant twice. Although we did have to up the dose a few times in the first cycle as the follies weren't growing - I ended up on 225iu after a few weeks of injecting. I only got one viable embryo the first round, but got pregnant all the same. For my second bub I went straight on 225iu and had one transfered and I have four sno bubs waiting.
    Wishing you all the best.

Carrie THANKYOU sooooo much! It feels soo good to hear a good story it makes me think positive Did you not ovulate at all? Thats my problem I don't ovulate at all....

Hi MissK, yeah I didn't ovulate at all - my periods were all over the place. However it wasn't until DH had a really thorough anaylsis of his sperm prior to IVF that we found out that the majority of his sperm are abnormal in head shape (so that they can't penetrate an egg), so we kind of had that double wammy! I was so so so lucky to fall pregnant first time on IVF for each of our bubs - it appears like the major problem was getting the sperm and egg together.

I hope that it all goes just as well for you! Plus - my DD is proof that it only takes one!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    Hi MissK, yeah I didn't ovulate at all - my periods were all over the place. However it wasn't until DH had a really thorough anaylsis of his sperm prior to IVF that we found out that the majority of his sperm are abnormal in head shape (so that they can't penetrate an egg), so we kind of had that double wammy! I was so so so lucky to fall pregnant first time on IVF for each of our bubs - it appears like the major problem was getting the sperm and egg together.

I hope that it all goes just as well for you! Plus - my DD is proof that it only takes one!
    HI Carrie,

Like Miss K I also was so excited to hear your story - your issues are EXACTLY the same as mine, I am on my first cycle of IVF on gonal F and having my stim scan on Friday. Hearing a good story like that is just what I needed.
    Thanks again, and good luck Miss K...

Aleenta- Best of luck with your first cycle and scan! What IVF doctor are you seeing?

Thanks Carrie!
    I am seeing Geoff Clarke at MIVF

I also went to MIVF but saw John McBain.

Yvette1278 Guest

Smile MIVF

Hi Ladies

I am also under MIVF, I think they're fantastic, very professional and they all care so much. I am currently under Michael Gronow and he is out of this world, couldn't ask for anyone better. Five Star Treatment.

All the best for BFP's

I have BT due on Mon 14th July.

Yvette,
    Good luck. I was with MIVF and thanks to thier wonderful treatment and the amazing Manuela Telodo I have my awesome DD

Hey girls,

thanks for the encouragement. Despite having overstim issues this cycle I have been very happy with MIVF.
    Yvette my fingers are crossed for your BFP!! And jmmum lovely to hear about your success..
    I am now waiting for a down reg scan on tues and hoping I can start again

Yvette1278 Guest

Default Over Stim

Aleenta

It must have been devastating to go through all those sprays / injections and over stim. Do you know what dosage they will be putting you on this cycle? What were you on last cycle?

I was on 225 for 5 days until my scan revealed 18-20 eggs, they quickly reduced my dosage to 75 until my trigger injection. OPU collected 20 eggs.... Very painful. 19 Mature / 1 Immature.
    Only ended up with 4 quality embryo's for transfering out of 19...(How's that!!) Transfered 2 and froze 2.

I am sure you will be fine this cycle. I'm guessing they put people on such high doses the first cycle incase people don't react to the drugs straight off.

All the best for some embies this cycle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast