Thread: 1st egg collection

Default 1st egg collection

Hi there everyone. My wife & myself are going through our 1st IVF attempt. We've done the Lucrin & Puregon injections and looks like everything is ready for the egg collection now.

My wife is a bit weary of the procedure, even though the Doctor said she won't feel a thing.

Could any lady who has already gone through egg collection share how it really feels from a patient point of view? Any pain, discomfort or sickness before, during or after?

Thanks heaps

Hi Aramis 7,
    I have been thru the egg pick up a number of times and if it was that bad none of us would do it again. For me there was some pain - they do give you a slight relaxing drug that does help although you are not out of it - the pick up it self was explained to be as a pressure feeling - well i thought it was a bit more than that, that day and the next you do feel sore but you can still function, just take their advise and have the time off after pick up and take it easy ie: no heavy lifting, vacumming etc just pamper your wife a little.Heat pack helps too. Sometimes I felt more than others it just depends but it does not hurt that much that you want to cry it is just uncomfortable but your wife will breeze thru it - just hold her hand and count the eggs - all the best and just relax:hugs:

Thanks Lissie. She's taking the egg collection day off and luckily next day is saturday so she can relax as bit a well.

I'm sure she'lll enjoy the "Doctor said no vacuum or heavy work" part of it though....

thanks again

cheers

Default a breeze

My wife had the egg collection last week and she didn't feel a thing. I guess we were lucky (or maybe a strong anesthetic) but she said it was a breeze. She also did not experience any post-operation pain. She stayed in bed for the rest of that day though.

Best of lucks to everyone.

cheers

Hi there

Awww thats great she didnt feel anything...I didnt feel anything when I had it done. How many eggs did you get??
    Good luck

Default 4

We got 4, 3 usable. She was on a low puregon dose.

good luck to you too !

great to hear you got 3 good eggies. I hope it all goes well for you and your wife.