Thread: Abdominal Pain/Bloating After Egg Pickup

toohey Guest

Default Abdominal Pain/Bloating After Egg Pickup

Has anyone experienced stomach bloating & pain, like you can't breathe in & out fully and if you sneeze or cough it hurst your chest/ribs after an egg pickup proceedure? Its been 4 days since surgery and i am slowly deflating and able to get around without as much pain. My clinic has said that is quite normal to have these complaints and that I had 21 eggs removed so ofcourse I would be sore, but to watch out if the symptoms get worse it could be OHHS. They said it is fluid. I have already had my fertlised eggs inseminated so all fingers/prayers crossed.

ABSOLUTELY Toohey! I had my OPU yesterday and am very very very sore! In fact I was quite surprised at just how sore I am. Very bloated, can hardly walk and similarly to you I had a lot of eggs taken - 19 in total.

Doctor has told me to rest and stay as still as possible until transfer and also drink as much water as I can (at least 8 glasses a day).

Hopefully it will ease fofr both of us soon!

Wising you both the stickiest of bubbas....

Good luck ladies

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

toohey,

I've never had much discomfort with my OPUs before, but this cycle - whoa nelly! - got the bleeding, the bloatedness, the pain, the whole kit and kaboodle!

It seemed to go on and on, then this morning, I woke up and I felt 80% better. So keep an eye on yourself and hopefully it'll take a fast turn for the better soon.

You too Keen!

love
    sushee

Blue Sky Guest

Toohey -
    For my last EPU I had 17 eggs and it hurt like a B@$tard afterward! I didn't have much bleeding this time but had bad cramping, constipation, bloating, you name it - I had it. I took 4 days off work - was OK by about the 5th/6th day. I tried on some jeans I bought before my cycle and couldnt fit into them - I guess because of the bloating. (or maybe it was the tim-tams, but I'll blame the bloating!!!)
    Good luck with your TWW - hope it all goes well for you!
    Blue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I would rest up Toohey - that is a great number of eggs BTW.

I had severe pain the first night of OPU and pain walking but was okay after that with mainly bloating and symptoms like Blue.

I guess you are having blast transfer ?
    When is your ET ?

If you are all worried or breathing gets worse I would call clinic immediately. I hope you feel better soon and you too Keen.

Glad you are feeling 80% better Sushee

Toohey - on my first pick up I felt absolutely nothing at all. I thought it was a breeze. But last time I was still feeling 10 days later. I'd laugh and it would hurt! Good luck with everything.

ness4 Guest

Toohey I was the same as Bee the first time hardly any pain but the second whoa you could have knocked me down with a feather - the best thing to do is rest oh and my wheat bag was a god send

Good luck

Yeah, Toohey Im still sore. But gets better as the days go. And like Ness - am loving the hot water bottle.

Interestingly despite all the pain I have had absolutely no bleeding... which I would assume is good?

Toohey - I was starting to feel a little bit breathless and bloated a few days before OPU but after that it gradually subsided. Took a few days though. I still felt every step I took for a while but it was manageable. If you feel that it isn't okay for you, don't hesitate to call the clinic because they can get right onto it.

Hope you recovering ladies are feeling much better soon.

Missy Guest

Nope sorry I was back at work the day after I had my Egg pick up. I found the worst was putting them back in. As I only have 1/2 cervix, and very scrd they found it hard getting through the cervix. So that was POO. But cant complain, am 13 weeks pg.

good luck to you all

Missy [-o<

LizzieP Guest

Red face

Hey guys - had my egg pick up today. 14 potentials working their magic I hope! I have some bloating and some pain but the pain is actually not too bad. I have really bad diarrhea though. I am sorry to share the gory details with everyone but I am just wondering if others experienced this too. I will let the clinic know.