Thread: ? about drugs

Default ? about drugs

We saw our genetic councellor yesterday about IVF with PGD and she gave us a list of the cost involved. Anyway my question is about the drugs. It has Synarel (each) $108.00, Clearplan (each) $62.00 and others, how many of these do you need per cycle? By each do they mean one dose? :eek: Thanks!

With the Syranel you are most likley only going to need one as it has more than one dose. The clearplan - Im not sure what that is? and others would depend - if you are using CRinone pessaries, I know our clinic give those to us as part of the overall cost, but progesterone pessaries are a lot more, about $5 each - most people only have one/two of those a day (a few days leading up to pick up and at least two weeks after transfer (although I had 4 a day the last two cycles!)....

Hope that helps a bit..

Thanks Keen! I was prepared for the cost of the IVF and PGD, but when I saw the cost of some of the drugs I was a little shocked, especially when it said each. I just thought how many would you need at $108.00 each. Anyway thanks again.

I think Clear plan is an Ovulation predictor.... I think that is what my gyno said to use when i was on clomid, but i bought them from ebay for much cheaper and i got the same result... good luck leis xx

Syranel is to suppress your own hormones so the doctor can control your whole cycle with FSH and HCG and Progesterone. Syranel has 60 doses, its a nasal spray. I have one spray in the morning and one spray in the evening so by rights it should last you 30 days..you only use it up until egg collection so you should get two cycles out of one bottle for $108.00...(not that you are gonna need two cycles tho!!) Clearplan Kit is a urine test that comes with test sticks that you use to determine time of ovulation and other than that you may have to purchase progesterone pessaries after embryo transfer, which are about $53.00 for a pack to last you the rest of that months cycle...so all in all the syranel should last you two cycles and the clearplan one cycle... so extra cost for drugs only $170...so dont panic..i panicked to when i saw it but its not that bad...Good luck with your cycle.

Iris
    All my drugs were included in the price of the IVF treatment. That included Synarel, Puregon Pen, Pregnyl and Crinone or Pessaries. Synarel will generally do you for two cycles but my clinic made me have a new bottle for each cycle. Puregon - I needed 1 box the first time and two boxes the second time. (Still have the full second box in the fridge and can't give it back!) Pregnyl - I needed 1 packet - which contained 2 ampoules of drug and one for mixing.

Crinone - I needed two boxes the first time and then I used two bottles of pessaries the second time, was using 4 per day.

I'll get around to posting my costs in the cost of IVF thread sometime soon!

Thanks everyone!

I am just waiting on a call back from our genetic councellor about when we can go in to get the feasibility test for the PGD and then we will go from there.

Meagan I am hoping that one cycle will do the trick!LOL!