View Poll Results: Should our vent thread be made available to members only?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

0 0%
  • Dont mind either way

3 18.75%

Thread: Access to the LT TTC Vent thread

Default Access to the LT TTC Vent thread

Guys

A few of the mods and myself have thought that perhaps it would be a good idea if we made access to our special "Scream, cry, vent" thread available to members only. By that we dont mean Platinum Members only. But registered members (similar to the AO forum).

Just so that we can feel a little more relaxed in our posting as guest members cant get on a browse through. Is more likely to give us some more privacy.

Let me know what you all think about this and post what you feel you would prefer.

Thanks Ladies!

Keen

I think it is a good idea - i have been half expecting to hear that someone has complained about the content so it would be good a good way to avoid complaints and allow people to really "let loose".
    Having said that, I voted "don't mind" as it would not bother me if it was left "open" .

Sal Guest

Keen, I think that's a good idea. I'd even go further and suggest that members need to request joining (is that what you meant about similar to AO thread?). The only reason I say this is that if 'newbies' TTC decide to read it they may think that we are all bitter and twisted but of course we're not. 8-[

Speak for yourself, Sleeb =)

Any more bitter and twisted and I'd be a long cool drink with a slice of lemon in it.

I think it should have resticted access, like Anney, I'm surprised that some of the other members have not complained about some of the content. I mean it's not hurtful in a personal way, just a general way iykwim? And it would be nice to be able to really rant and rave when things don't go right and the world is falling around our heads. And most of the time WE ARE bitter and twisted when you add up all the wasted minutes, hours, days that we spend waiting for...well, zilch!

Jo

I personally think that it would be good restricted, even if we had a seperate section like AO would be good IMO. Sometimes like others I would really like to be utterly selfish and just rant and say all the things in my head without worrying of hurting others. I find when they get out and I re-read them its alot easier to move past those feelings or be more rational iykwim where as if they are stuck inside I tend to hang onto the bad stuff.

Let me know if I am not making sense LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yeah I totally agree with Cailin and all you girls who have replied. I think just knowing that the people in there are there because they specifically requested to get in (like the AO forum) would be much more freeing IYKWIM, because we might be able to feel a little more relaxed about who is likely to read it....

Keen

Default Not sure about needing 50+ posts

I do agree that it should be restricted but not so sure about the 50+ posts. I am still a newbie and have being ttc for about a year. i have found out i have endo and really need to vent about how long it has taken the doctors to find this out.

I do not feel it app to vent in public and like all the long term ttcers ( who i am sure have gone through much worse than i have) i want a place private to air my feelings.

So maybe special restrictions do need to apply but not neccasaraly how many posts we have made.

The reason we have set that the access to 50+ is purely because some members might not feel comfortable with non regular members reading their venting posts. I know its a catch 22 for those who do really need to vent but this is the only way we can be fair to all. And as this is how we have setup the AO section we thought it only fair.

Your nearly half way there Not too long before you'll be a 50+ poster

*hugs*
    Cailin

I just want to butt my head in & amkie a comment about this which I think is a wonderful & good idea for all of you LTTCers to have a place to vent, rant, rave & be bitter & twisted (all your own words hee hee!)

But please don't JUST stick to that forum, please venture out & chat with us, Keen I will certainly miss your replies to threads all over, as with most of you...

I'd really like to hear from each & everyone of you in other threads!

I also was in the LTTC thread for a while & although I was going natural I did symptahise with the frustrated IVFers & other LTTCers!!!

I'd really still love to hear from you all...

Big Hugs & best wishes that your all outta that thread ASAP!!!!

Tracey I agree completely. The section will be setup so that people can vent and thats it if a discussion starts it will be moved to the open forums as its not meant as a private community more a private venting section. It will have similar rules as the AO section in that if you do not post within a specific time frame you will be removed etc. It is basically a place you can let it all out and then get back to what you were doing as I think we all need that from time to time, I know I do!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks Cailin... Coz I think I'd miss everyone & I need to be kept up to date on everyone's progress!!!