Thread: Acupuncture in Perth - recomm. please!!

Default Acupuncture in Perth - recomm. please!!

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for an acupuncturist in Perth - pref central or north of river. Specifically I need treatment to make AF return and be regular - so someone with menstrual cycle experience would be great.

I'd rather not just pick a name randomly from the yellow pages!!!

Also for those who have had similar treatment (whether in Perth or not) - can you tell me how often you went, cost, and how long til you got a result - if you did?

Thanks girls!!

Well given that I've not been able to find a recommendation I went with picking someone out of the yellow pages!
    I'm seeing Geoff Brothers in Subi tomorrow - first consult is $80 then after that, $70. I get a little back from HBF but not much... I'll most likely need weekly sessions at first. Well I guess I didn't expect this to be cheap, but the most important thing here is my health, and I'm lucky that DH understands that too - he just wants his wife less-stressed and having cycles again, so we can actually TTC!! Fingers crossed...

Kat Guest

Hi Mrs P

I had been reading your post, and hoping you would get a reply ! I too am looking for someone to go to..

I had been told wonderful things about Zen, but they are a month of so waiting list..

Good luck with it all, and let me know how you go.. I would be looking at doing it, to assist with my IVF cycle..

Cheers,

Kat

Hey Kat
    Wow - a month long waiting list! I guess that means Zen are good - or at least have good advertising ha ha.
    I just rang Geoff today and got in for tomorrow - he was lovely on the phone so hopefully he's great at what he does!! I figure you must be good to afford rent in Subiaco...

I'll let you know how I go!

Well I had my first session and it was great! A really wierd sensation but kinda cool. Geoff is very easy to talk to, and a lot of the symptoms etc I am having he was able to explain. Basically I've got issues with my liver and spleen.
    So I'm going to have acupuncture about once a week and see how we go. I've just picked up my next lot of herbal tonic - all reproductive/hormonal stuff, as well as a liver tonic (tablet thank goodness but huge!), ultra muscleze, tresos B and premular. Phew! It takes me an extra 5 - 10 mins every morning and night to get ready for work or bed!!

But if it all works then it will be worth it. Hubby and I joke about our "million dollar baby" - all these treatments are pricey! Though of course not as much as stuff like IVF etc, don't get me wrong, but $280 a month on acupuncture! Yikes! And the herbal tonic was $110 - but will last a couple of months...

I just hope that SOME time soon I will cheerily be reporting that AF has returned... and then hopefully I'll be concentrating on her going away when I fall pg!!

CAH Guest

Sorry am really late into this thread but I have been having acupuncture for about 8 weeks now, its at Ping Ming Health on Wanneroo Rd. I don't have anything to compare them to but they seem pretty clued up on working alongside the clomid & trigger shots. Just a thought if you guys are still looking for somewhere. It is traditional chinese medicine so be prepared to have to take herbal supplements to. If they try to do "scrubbing" I suggest you decline, it made my back look like I'd been sliding on a carpet & was quite painful for a few days - I am not sure how beneficial it was either, think the acupuncture alone is enough!

Good Luck.
    Clare

I am based in Sydney and have just started having acupuncture after mc in November last year and have resumed TTC last month.
    I have seen two different chinese doctors and thier methods have differed tremendously.
    Just wondering what the treatments are like that you are recieving. Are they putting needles in around your belly, or are they doing it in your back. I have had both!
    Cheers
    Mrs G

Hi Mrs G (nice name!)

I've mainly had the needles on points around my wrists/hands, lower legs, and I've had one on my belly once, one right in the middle of my forehead once, and one in my scalp! There are many many different locations on the body used for acupuncture and they all do different things. I find the whole process really intriguing and am really enjoying my sessions. Well apart from paying for them I'm really hopeful that I may have ovulated last week (first time in nearly 11 months) and that AF will return soon - and this is pretty much due to the acupuncture. Fingers crossed... goodluck with your treatment!

Hey Mrs P (nice name too!)
    I had a session on Saturday, and it was great. Really find it is helping with the relaxation aspect too! I was starting to get myself into a right bother about the whole ttc vibe, you know the drill, all your friends falling and your still wanting.
    Any who, i have found that this site is also great for sharing your stories and support.
    Hope AF arrives real soon for you so you can start your journey of TTC.
    take card.
    Mrs G