Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other late starters?

KBaby06 Guest

Default Any other late starters?

Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has started on the baby trail late like me.... I'm 43 been on the trail for 25mths now. Am on my fourth cycle with clomid and have fingers crossed for a BFP very soon! Just wanted to meet others like myself to share the journey.
    Ciao
    Kate

~Jane~ Guest

Hi Kate

I'm not a late bloomer as I am 31 but just wanted to say Hi and welcome to LTTC.

I hope you get a BFP Soon as well.

Kate

Re your message to me. Didn't see your own message, so I didn't see your age. Didn't mean to be insensitive.

Hugs

Saff

tinka Guest

Hi Kate,
    I am not a later bloomer either (29) but I am on my second month of Clomid and I hope we both get BFPs soon.

Cheers,
    Tink x

mooshie Guest

hi kate

i am not a late starter, had my first at 29yrs of age, although i am 37 and nearing 38 and have been ttc number 4 for around 9mths now.

good luck and i hope you get your bfp soon

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Saffi
    No offence taken ... really! I had planned to ttc in my mid 30's as really wanted to be a mum and have kids before I hit 40 but things can't always go according to plans... I was having such bad back probs that I had to delay till I had sorted out the cause. I finally got the courage up to have surgery on my R leg... had it lengthened by 3cm.. long story got a disease @ 5mths old so have had ongoing issues and ops. It took a while for the body to settle back down but it was the best thing I ever did... I guess you don't know what life will throw at you. I guess you think it will just happen and when it doesn't... well it can be a little frustrating. I will only try till I am 45... will look into fostering in the next 12 months or even adoption! I guess if it doesn't happen it just means there are other things I am supposed to do with my life now. You have to adapt to what life delivers you.. count your belssings. My biggest one is a happy marriage and a lso great relationships with my 10 neices & nephews...
    Kate
    Thought I would post this her too!

tiamiami Guest

Hi Ladies. I am 36 and TTC #1. Wish me much Baby Dust!!! I am on cycle three and a few dfays away from AF then on with Clomid on CD 3 - 7 then injections of Bravelle -2 vials for 4 days the trigger shot then insemination then hopefully my BFP that is long awaited for will arrive for me. Wish me much baby dust. I have my yellow booties and will hang over my bedroom door today when I get home this evening!!!!

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Tiamiami
    Good luck hope you get your BFP soon too ... I'm hoping for the same on cd 21 so maybe this time next week...fingers crossed!

Hi Kate
    Just thought I'd stick my nose in to wish you luck.
    I started ttc in 1990, had our first IVF in 1995, and our last in 1999 (I think?). We had no success. Then we went our separate ways after two more years of just about every natural therapy known to man. I waited four years then had two IVF attempts last year using donor sperm - both unsuccessful. I'll turn 44 in September and have pretty much come to the end of the ttc road unless a miracle happens. While I can afford to keep going, I can't on one income if it means being 50 and still having no kids and no money to show for it. I had to make that decision at the end of last year - very difficult.
    So now, I'm concentrating on travelling. A tiny little part of me still holds out hope that I'll meet someone and fall naturally. There was never any reason for our infertility.
    I have everything crossed for you and totally understand when you say that things don't always go according to plan!!! I'll be following your progress very closely
    Good luck
    Sue

Hi Kate.
    I am 43 and TTC. I already have three gorgeous children but would love to add one more. Fell pregnant last May but sadly had a late M/C in September. No reason could be found and they put it down to a cord accident. We trying again and hope we can end our family building on a good note.
    Best of luck to you. I hope we both get that BFP soon.
    Debbie

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Sue
    Thank you so much for your comments.... You have certainly been through a bit...
    I do know that miracles can happen... we had freinds on the baby trail for years, spent thousands on IVF, they finally gave up sold all the baby stuff and went travelling.... they now have 2 daughters both conceived naturally... no reason for any of it!
    Maybe stress has more to answer for than we think.
    I am sure there is someone special that you need to meet first.... wishing you good things along that journey!
    I will be 44, Aug 30 ...(are you a Virgo too?) Really thinking that I will stop ttc sometime between then and 45 at this stage.
    Travel looks good... started to teach myself Italian so that I am ready for that journey too!
    Sorry for delayed response we have been away for a few days... trip to town... was nice to touch civilization!!
    Feeling very tired today upto cd 24 temp still up so have everything crossed!!!
    Love Kate

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Deb :flower:
    Wishing you luck with your journey to complete your family... got my fingers crossed for you too.
    Thanks for your comments and sharing your story.
    :luck:
    Love Kate

Hi Kate
    Well, CD 24 and temp still up.......sounds promising \/ I'm hoping for the best. I'm sure you'll get there. I'll be watching closely over the next week or so....
    Yes, I'm a true Virgo. Do you have people telling you "you're such a virgo"? I sometimes think stress was a big factor for me. Mind you, I tried hypnotherapy, counselling, herbs etc etc and it didn't make any difference. Maybe it's a virgo thing
    BTW - Italian is the way to go. I buzzed off over there after my divorce. Had a fling (had never done that before) with a beautiful bright blue eyed Italian with lovely dark curls =P~ . Four years later, we're still in touch periodically. I told him about my last IVF attempt, he said "Sue, why you not coming back to me - I free! I am love giving you baby". Hmmmm, might have to make a detour when I'm OS in Aug/Sep....

SuziQ, WTF are you waiting for? - get on a plane and see that man NOW!!! Seriously! LOL

Hi Kate, we conceived our first baby easily when I was 39 but have been trying for over 3 years for number 2 with no luck. I am now 44 and will give up when I hit 45. I am a firm believer though, that we all have some "good eggs" in there - just gotta hit the right one. Hope this is the month for you!

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Sue
    I'm with Anney on the Italian... get yourself over there... you deserve some fun! He sounds lovely and what an offer... what are you waiting for? :smt102 Go for it! What do they say... nothing ventured...

Yep am the true Virgo too.... we have a group of freinds and there is one Virgo in each couple... the non Virgo's are always comparing our traits... it is very funny!

Hi Anney :flower:
    Thanks for your comments and joining in ... hope we both get a very soon.
    Love Kate

Sue, get to it miss, get that detour booked in. Mmmm, sounds like it would just be good for the hell of it. lol.

But getting back to your thread Kate, I wish all of you success.
    You deserve it, no matter what your biological age!

good luck

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Tam
    Great to have you join in... good luck :luck: with your journey also....
    I must say I wasn't at all sure about sharing on the internet.. but now I am just so glad I have found this site and everyone here to share with... it does make the journey more like the fun it should be
    :lovebb:

Nice also to find another WA gal!
    Ciao
    Kate

oh o-KAY, if you guys insist
    So Kate, how's the temp this morning? Hope it's still up.
    Nice to see you Annie!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast