Thread: Anyone read Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception?

Lightbulb Anyone read Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception?

Just wondered if anyone has read this book? It is on backorder in the belly belly store and im wondering whether to buy it.

Would like to know what everyone else thought of it?

Hi amy, yes i have. well Zita's written a few books...but i'm sure it's that one. (i've lent it to someone) it's very good, very interesting and a good purchase. from memory she's a harley st doctor in london (expensive) but is a real believer in acupuncture and eastern medicine, so i liked that she'd touch on that but not labour the point. you could check your library and see if they have it too.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

This book just came out hot off the press a few months ago, so you may not get too many responses on this one. Zita Wests books are great, she's very well known for her work, and I have sold a few since getting them in. I'm sure it'd be a great read. It's a big book!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Hi Amy, I just bought a book in Myers reduced to $5 by her its called 'Fertility and Conception- the complete guide to getting pregnant', I haven't read it yet but flicked through in the shop and was keen (esp when I saw the price), I haven't read it yet but it looks really easy to read and incorporates a wholistic approach ( eastern and western as airline says). It actually says she is a midwife in the introduction. I better get my bum into gear and read it so I can let oyu know but I think it is going to be good, hope that helps xx

hey, having read the last 2 posts, I think I may have the one Saffy has - fertility and conception, but it was still very informative and I would eagerly read other books by her. ( sorry don't have it to hand to double check the title) good luck.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I bought two books on the belly belly online store last night, I think ill see how I go with those two and then get the other one.

Getting Pregnant The Hard Way: A Husband's Tale by Mikael Svanstreom and Making Babies: Personal IVF Stories by Theresa Miller, they both look pretty good.

Aim x

yeah, her books are excellent.

Zita West is an excellent author. I have a fertility and conception book by her and it was my bible for a while.
    Sue xx

Amy - I also bought the 'Getting Pregnant the Hard Way' - I actually bought it for my husband to read - but I read it first. Loved it.

I haven't read Zita's books - but have heard they come highly recommended.

The other book that I have 3/4 read is "IVF & Ever After" - it came really highly recommended and is actually sold in the BellyBelly Store from what I remember - but I actually found it REALLY depressing... I don't know exactly why, but I couldn't finish it - I think it's likely because it stirred up a lot of questions about things I had not really considered too much before... Like explaining IVF to your child etc.

I suppose I should probably get pregnant before I worry too much about 'explaining it to my child' -

L x