Thread: Attention all orgalutran users!

Default Attention all orgalutran users!

If anyone else has used orgalutran, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about with the needles that need to be slowly shoved in the whole way! No short, quick jabs with them - just a slow, hard shove because they feel so incredibly blunt!

I was chatting to a nurse at my clinic today, because she handed me another one that I may need to use tonight. I mentioned the difficulty with injecting. She was surprised and horrified.

The short story is that my clinic is now going to get in touch with the manufacturer and let them know that their blunt needles are completely unacceptable and something needs to be changed.

I suspect getting this fixed up will be easier if they start hearing from other users and other clinics. Please mention this to your clinic, and hopefully we can get easier and less painful injections for all! You'd think that with a drug that expensive, they'd at least make sure they have a decent delivery system!

BW

hehehe - will definitely let our clinic know when i'm there next week...

surprises me that the problem exists seeing that they are provided by the same group as the puregon - which always have super sharp, painless, needles...

ouch BW!

a couple of the girls and i at our clinic in Canberra have found the Ovidrel (trigger shot) to be blunt too and it is distressing enough at trigger time when you also find you can't get the bloomin thing through your skin!

BW and everyone - I've just had my Ovidrel injection last night at 1.30am, and it was a nightmare to get it, it was so blunt. Took me three goes. Ovidrel is made by the same company that do Gonal-F, and the Gonal-F pen injections were super sharp. The comparison is like trying to insert a butter knife.

I don't know the company that do Puregon and Orgalutran, but I think the company that manage Gonal-F and Ovidrel are Serano. Is this the same?

Miss C

ovidrel/gonal-f and cetrotide are made by one company, orgalutron/puregon and pregnyl trigger shots are made by another...

thanks for clairfying BG