Thread: BD after ET

Default BD after ET

Just wondering how long you ladies have waited to BD after ET?

DH and i are a little worried it might affect our little embie sticking

Hi Paula
    For us, BD after ET has normally been put on hold due to the crinone or progesterone, or just sheer emotional exhaustion, rather than the embie. Much to DH embarresment, in our first appointment after our ET, our nurse told us that there was no prob whenever we wanted/felt comfortable following the transfer.

I guess that unless you are told not to for medical reasons, do what you feel most comfortable with.

Good luck with your transfer and wishing you .
    FG

our clinic says nothing for 24 hours, then resume whatever you're comfortable with - unless you've had PGD, and then they ask you to wait until after your beta BT.

Briggsy's girl what is a PGD?

Well DH and i gave in yesterday morning, we couldnt help it. But it prob wont be happening again for a little while as DH wasnt impressed with the Crinone bits left on his bits (im so sorry TMI i know but it was hillarious)

I just hope that we havent affected our little embie in anyway.

PGD is, i believe, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis. basically they run the DNA from a single cell in your embryo to test for certain genetic disorders. it's more exxy, and far fewer embryo's make it through the testing procedure so i think, for the sake of the patient, they ask that you dont BD and do anything that might mess with it's chances of sticking. timing of EPU and things is critical as there isn't much capacity to test - i think with monash, they can only test two couples on any given day.

i think we've only ever DTD once in any TWW - mostly cos of the ick factor with the crinone or pessaries! i don't think it's made a difference to our outcomes, but after the early m/c's we've experienced, any future TWW's will be BD free - maybe even up til the second tri. Dh will have to deal with non penetrative fun!