Thread: BD'ing after Transfer?

Default BD'ing after Transfer?

I read in my little IVF booklet that its good to BD a day after transfer! though the nurses nor the dr told me this- can any enlighten me on this- have you done it, has it helped?

It said in the booklet that apparently the seminal fluid contains a growth factor that helps the embryos implant???????

Any comments on this?

Hi Kim!

Our IVF booklet says that you are free to resume normal activities in the 2ww - including BD, however, my acupuncturist strongly believes not to BD at all in the 2ww!!!
    Who knows, honestly????
    Over our cycle, I know we have done both, and it hasn't seemed to make a difference.
    I have bought a few books over the past 4 years, and they are divided, too, with whther to BD or not.
    I think, ultimately, its up to you... who can say whether it will effect it or not?
    Hope that helps!!!

Holly
    xxx

Hi Kim,
    must be reading the same book as you - recommends BD after transfer.
    Can't tell you what works or not though - maybe you can be the guinea-pig and report back to us.

Jo

Hi Kim,

Just had a look in the notes that my acupuncturist gave me last cycle... the reason why she said BD is not a good idea after transfer is because the woman needs to avoid orgasm so as not to interfere with anything happening in the uterus with the embryo starting to implant.....
    Hope I don't sound like I'm being too negative about this - I'm sure if they printed it in an IVF booklet, they know what they're talking about!!!
    I just remember my acupuncturist making a point about it at the time....

Holly
    xxx

Hollybolly,

So if you do it and the swimmers go in, but you don't orgasm, you get the best of both worlds??!! lol

Honestly... so many rules, so many different ideas! Grrhhh...

I went out today and asked my DH to call the nurse and ask- well you guessed it, he didnt and they shut at 12- so Ill call tommorow and check Im not willing to do anything without checking first!

My paperwork from the IVF clinic for my FET says no BD for 24 hours after transfer, but before is ok and is likely to increase your chances of a BFP.
    As for BD in the TWW, I am so emotionally exhausted all I want to do is sleep! My poor DH!