Thread: Blood tests suggest no ovulation but now positive pregnancy test???

Default Blood tests suggest no ovulation but now positive pregnancy test???

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place.... apologies if it should be elswhere!

I have PCOS and take 1500mg of metformin on a daily basis.

In Oct 2006, I took provera to bring on AF and 50mg of Clomid on days 2 to 6. Day 21 blood test very low (about 3) so no ovulation.

In Nov 2006, I took provera to bring on AF and 100mg of Clomid on days 2 to 6. Day 21 blood test showed improvement but gyno now thinks I am ovulating later in my cycle.

In Dec 2006, there was no need for provera as AF came on its own. I took 100mg of Clomid on days 2 to 6. Day 21 and day 31 blood tests were taken but doctor thinks result (18 or 19 I think) was too low for ovulation. The doctor thinks AF would come on its own based on blood test results.

In Jan 2006, waited until day 45 of cycle and as no AF doctor suggested I take provera. Two weeks after taking provera there are no signs of AF. Out of curiousity I took a pregnancy test last night which showed a strong positive straight away :eek: . This morning took another pregnancy test (different brand) which also showed a strong positive straight away.

Is it possible to ovulate even though I had low progesterone results? Could I be pregnant or could provera be giving me a false positive? Can taking provera whilst pregnant be dangerous?

Thanks for listening.... I'm just a bit confused at the moment so any advice would be fantastic!

Lil Rachee, i am in the same boat, well kind of and LG will be able to help you when she shares her story. I took Provera to bring on my last cycle and took clomid and although my chart shows that i ovulated by BT came back that i hadnt. I am now taking Provera again to bring on AF (FS instructions) but i have a gut feeling for some reason that i may be pg... I am a little worried taking the provera as they say it can lead to birth defects but LG is living proof as it did not harm her DS. Ill see if i can get her attention in the TTC 1-6 months thread and have her share her story with you.

Have you booked in for a BT?

Hi WalkingArt!

Thanks for the quick reply.... it's nice to know I am not the only one out there with this dilemma.

No I haven't booked a blood test. I'm still in shock and not really sure where to go next.... hence I'm asking the experts!

Hi Lil Rachee!
    Sounds to me like you are 100% UTD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    When I was TTC DS I first took provera to bring on AF which it did and took 50mg clomid days 5-9. CD21 BT showed no O. Took provera again and it worked again. Took 100mg Clomig CD5-9. CD21 BT showed no O. Took provera again but this time nothing other than a bit of spotting happened. When I rang FS the nurse I spoke to said that any bleeding was considered AF and to take 150mg Clomid CD5-9. Well on CD5 I did a HPT and came up straight away BFP. Well, I had a really healthy pregnancy, birthed naturally and BFd for 18mo and now have a beauiful beautiful healthy and very happy baby boy who is now 19mo and wanting to be a big brother! What seems to have happened is that I O'd around CD20 and so the BT didn't pick up O. BTs pick up high progesterone levels if you O a week before the BT.

This time I've taken 100mg Clomid for 4 cycles and had BTs on CD24. Each time it has shown that I did O, except this last cycle. I'm confused now! Because I kinda feel pg (but shouldn't say that coz it might jinx it!), but I've had no AF and 3 BFNs. My FS wants me to wait another week (will be Monday) and do a HPT then and if no AF then I'm to take provera again to start another cycle and I'll stay on 100mg Clomid as it seems to have worked every other time excpet this one. I don't understand why!

The other thing I meant to say was that I understood that progesterone levels above 10 were considered that O had occurred.

Either way, if you've got a BFP I'm certain you are pg! and I would be ringing your FS for BTs to confirm!!!!!!!! Well done!! Now WalkingArt and I just need to get some news like that!!!

Hope you have a really happy and healthy pregnancy! Enjoy!

Oh my goodness :eek: :eek: !!!

I've made an appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning for a blood test to confirm everything. Thanks for your best wishes.

I hope you and WalkingArt can post exciting news soon.

Congratulations!

There was talk of possibly using provera to bring on a bleed for me, since I had no cycle for 10 months, but metformin re-established a cycle for me. But the OB said that he would always do a pregnancy test before using provera because it's dangerous if you are pregnant. I never researched it myself, as I didn't end up needing anything like that.

Congrats again tho.. and I hope you have a healthy, happy pregnancy!

Lil Rachee, do you have some news for us yet???????

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and best wishes!

I've just phoned the doctor and confirmed I am pregnant..... YIPPEE!!!

I know I don't post very much on this site (more of a lurker) but I just want to thank you all. DH has been out of town on work this week so you have definately calmed my nerves. Hopefully the next 7 months will go smoothly!!

I hope that good luck shines on you all over the coming months

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    Wonderful News!! Have a very happy and healthy pregnancy!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

Thats fantastic news. All the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Are you going to join the belly buddies thread???

Thanks for sharing your story... you have given me a little bit of hope!