Thread: buddy

Default buddy

Hi my Husband and I have just started with IVF Monash in the Hunter Valley and interested in what others maybe going through. I am still trying to get use to the terminology . We have tried naturally for last 16 months. I am hopeful of success and trying to remain busy so as not to think about it all too much . I took the Herbs prescribed by Sharkey's Healing late last year but have since been told to stop by the gyno in december. Has anyone else been told not to use Herbs. Any ideas are appreciated.

Hi Buddy

My FS also told me not to do herbs while on IVF as they can interfere. Fine to take them while not receiving IVF treatment.

Welcome and it is a steep learning curve but you will get the hang of it. I've really only just become familiar with all the terminology myself. But everyone in here is so helpful and supportive, its great.

Hubby and I have just had our first round of IVF (egg collection 3 weeks ago today), I overstimmed from the drugs so wasn't well enough to have a transfer so am waiting for April.

Anyway good luck!

Thanks Belle333 for your reply. I wish you all the best for April. I have an ultrasound in a few days to find out how i have ovulated after the Synarel and injections. We are just in awe of all the factors that come into play with the process.
    Good luck again.

Buddy

Hi Buddy

Its mind blowing isn't it. During the whole process I just kept saying this is the most bizarre thing I have ever done hahaha

Good luck, I hope get good results!!

Hi Buddy!
    Wishing you all the best with your first cycle! It can be a bit overwhelming but exciting all at the same time! You'll get the hang of it and questions will come to you as you go! BB is a great place to get your head around all the terminology and ins and outs of IVF. Make sure you ask heaps of questions at your clinic and of your FS! I havent taken herbs before, but do subscribe to sharkeys newsletters. I believe they think that their herbs dont interfere. Its a tough one and dont have the answer but perhaps you can try some other alternative therapy during your IVF treatment such as acupuncture. I have been using this. I havent had a BFP yet, but stats show that doing acupuncture really improves the outcome!
    Wishing you all the best! We are here for you if you need!
    Mon

Thankyou for your reply. I have thought about acupuncture as well. We got the results from the ultrasound just before Easter and the follicles were not large enough, we had one good size follicle so opted to cancel the cycle and went for artificial insemination instead so as not to waste the egg. So now a wait and see time. They told us next time they will increase the dosage on the injections. I guess first time in they are setting baselines to work from.

I do hope to hear that you will have some wonderful news yourself soon.

Hi buddy

I'm sorry that your first cycle didn't go to plan. You're very right about the first cycle being one where they are trying to establish how your body responds to the dosage of the injections. It hard when you have no ideas how it's going to work when you're first starting and you're very hopeful, but it can be a hit and miss, the first time round.

I hope that you're feeling ok now, and that perhaps you won't even need to go to another cycle - hoping that you get a BFP this month!

If you would like to chat to other ladies that are going through the TWW (two week wait) you can post in this thread here and I'm sure you'll find everyone there very supportive and helpful, if you need

Good luck!

Miss C