Thread: Chinese herbalist in Perth

Default Chinese herbalist in Perth

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone have been to a chinese herbalist/acupuncture in Perth or could recommend me with on? I was told about a chinese herbalist by the name of Rebekka (or Rebecca) Wong. Apparently one of Concept's doctors highly recommeds her. But I couldn't locate or find her. I appreciate any comments/feedback from anyone. Thank you.

I have only been to a Kinesologist named Gonzales at the West coast natural therapies clinic in Marmion.

I went to a chinese herbalist in Perth...His name is Art. He's in Edward Street in Perth.

He was pretty good...although the only problem was that you had to soak/cook the herbs yourself. I'd come home from the appointments with brown paper bags filled with what looked like twigs, leaves and berries...

I eventually stopped going as I couldn't bear the smell of the cooking herbs anymore...

But I had heard some really good things about him

magic, monnie,

Thanks so much for your reply.

magic, what is kinesologist? Is it the same as Natural therapist? what kind of treatment did you have there? Acupuncture, massage, or herbal medicine?

Monnie, what is the name of the clinic where Art works for? Do you remember how much you paid for the herbs?

Regards pascalia

Hey Pascalia,

I'll check out the details for the clinic I went to as I can't remember them off the top of my head.

The herbs were very reasonably priced (probably because you had to cook them yourself)...but again, I can't remember the exact amount...sorry! It was certainly cheaper than when I went to a Naturopath who was charging $80+/bottle of herbs...

cammi Guest

Hi Pascalia,

Found Rebecca's website, are you seeing her now?

Hi monnie,
    can you share some details of the clinic?
    and, how did you cook the herbs?

thanks.
    Last edited by sushee; November 9th, 2006 at 12:07 PM. Reason: removing link

Hey guys

The clinic was on Edward Street in Perth...I have lost the card so I can't remember the exact name of it. Sorry! I'll e-mail a friend and get the name for you...

I had to cook the herbs in water...my main problem with them is they really smelt horrendously bad whilst you cooked them...I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to bad smells (especially that I then need to drink!)

Basically one bag of herbs would last for 2 doses...one in the morning and one at night.

Hope that helps!

cammi Guest

HI Moonie,
    thanks for your reply.

just use a normal pot to cook the herbs? how long do you take to cook them?
    and, how much are the herbs?

are you seeing any herbalist now?

thanks and look forward to hear from you again.

Hey Cammi

Just a normal pot...with some water...he gives you the instructions...but it's just basically boiling in a cup(s) of water.

Takes about 30 minutes or so to cook them...so you have to be organised as you need to have it before breakfast (I wasn't ever organised!!!)

I really can't remember the exact amount...but I have a feeling it was about $40 for 1-2 weeks supply of herbs...I remember thinking it was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be...

No...not seeing the herbalist now...I didn't last incredibly long...maybe a couple of months...I just couldn't bear the smell/taste of the herbs...

But...I know other people have had success...so all the best!

cammi Guest

Hi Moonie,

thanks. does his treatment complement ivf?
    generally how long do we have to take his meds?
    he has many success cases?

are you seeing another herbalist ?

sorry that i'm asking so many qns. cuz i'm not familiar with perth.

Hey Cammi

Not sure about his treatment complimenting ivf...I haven't done ivf as yet.

In terms of how long you take the meds...I think it's basically as long as it takes to get pregnant...he checks your pulse and tongue every visit and will change the herbs according to your needs...

I don't know about his success rate except there have been successes...how many, I'm not sure!

Not seeing another herbalist...I tried naturopathy for a while but found that it was getting very expensive ($200+/visit) and stressing me out (with the number of herbs, dietary rules I needed to adhere to)...

So currently, I'm under a FS...waiting for my appointment next week to see what treatment we'll be starting on (have just undergone a month for of testing)...

Good luck!

cammi Guest

HI Moonie,
    thanks very much. what tests did you do?

Hey Cammi

So far we've done...

Me:
    blood tests x 10 (tracking hormone levels throughout my cycle)
    internal ultrasound - to check out my "structure" - including growth of a couple of fibroids
    internal ultrasound - to look at follicular growth at day 13

DH:
    semen analysis

That's it so far...got our appointment next week...so will see if there are other tests...think the ones we have done to date are just the basic procedures so probably have some more to come...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Cammi

welcome to BB, hunny! Just wanted to let you know that I've had to remove the link in your previous post as it is against forum guidelines.

Here are the guidelines if you want to have a quick squizz at them.

cammi Guest

oops...sorry...

anyone knows where to get raw chinese herbs?

thanks.

hebe Guest

Hi Ladies,

Would appreciate comments or advice on the herbalist/acupuncturist you tried.

cheers
    hebe

Aly Guest

Hi,

I'm new to BB and TTC since 2004. IVF since Sept 06. Next FET due next month. How is evryone finding their journey? I feel really alone. I'm going through Concept which is a great clinic and Dr Nichols who is so kind and gentle.

Default Julies

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to BB and TTC since 2004. IVF since Sept 06. Next FET due next month. How is evryone finding their journey? I feel really alone. I'm going through Concept which is a great clinic and Dr Nichols who is so kind and gentle.
    Two of my friends changed and tried PIVOT and were successful. Just a thought as you have nothing to lose.