Thread: clomid & BF

Default clomid & BF

Hi there,

I used to post in here when i was TTC my beautiful son, Evan who is now 9 months old - how time flies!! I concieved him on the 2nd cycle of clomid as i was diagnosed PCOS.

I'm still BFing Evan and thinking about TTC #2. Does anyone have any experiences with clomid and BFing? I know it is considered 'safe' but can supress milk supply. Just wondering if anyone has used clomid while BFing or know of anything that might be useful?

BTW, i remember how everyday dragged when TTC and i want to let you all know that there is HOPE and success! It is all soooooo worth it!

Thanks,
    Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

Can't help you personally, but there is someone on this site who has just become PG with #2, using clomid, and i assume still BF (don't know for sure though).

Hopefully she will see your post and give you some feedback.

Good luck...

Hi Shan,
    thanks for your reply, i hope that i do get a response from the girl you are thinking of! I'll be sure to keep checking!!
    Linds

No Probs Linds,

I didn't put the girls name in coz i'm not sure what the protocol is regarding speaking about others in here without them being in on the forum.

Hopefully she will see your post, or someone will let you know of the protocol.

zoe Guest

Hi Lindsay,

I have the same question, my baby is about to turn 1, I'm still breastfeeding and I want to TTC #3. I tried for 2 years for #2 and then took 50mg clomid and it happened in the second cycle, so I know it works!

Did you end up finding out if you could take it while still breastfeeding? I still haven't got AF yet so I guess I would have to wait for that too... Best of luck for you!