Thread: Clomid how many cycles does it take??

jyesmum Guest

Smile Clomid how many cycles does it take??

HI
    Was wondering if anyone knew the average amount of time it usually takes before a pregnancy occurs taking Clomid??

That depends on whether or not you are ovulating each cycle.

I fell pregnant on my 5th cycle, and yes I did ovulate each cycle, HTH

I was one of the lucky ones...I fell pregnant on my 1st cycle of 50mg...

We were also charting, used pre-seed, and had been trying for 3 years (without meds)

Wishing you all the very very best!

It will depend on your obstetrician how many cycles of clomid she/he will use before rethinking treatment. After a few cycles on clomid the endometrium can (but not always) become compromised. This is remedied by having a cycle or two off treatment and resuming. It is generally thought that if clomid is successful it will be within 5 cycles at the most.

Like Monnie I conceived on my first clomid cycle of 50mgs. Sadly that baby is now an angel. This TTC time I have had 2 unsuccessful clomid cycles - I will soon be ovulating on my third cycle so I will let you know.

i concieved both times on clomid ( 1st angel) and i concieved the 2nd time too! (50mg)!

babydust for you!!
    Last edited by M22; March 14th, 2007 at 10:27 AM.

Hi Jysemum

Unfortunately for me Chlomid alone didnt work and I had to have injectable treatment but I have both endo & pcos which would have complicated things. As flowerchild mentioned, I was told that they dont recommend your on Chlomid for more than 6 cycles at a time. I didnt find this out until I'd been on it for 9 cycles but apparently over time it lessens your chances of falling pg.

Speak to your gyno/FS about it though - everyones circumstances are different and from what I've heard most ppl do fall pregnant within the first 5-6 cycles anyway.

Good luck! Hope you get yor BFP soon

I fell pg with DS on the second cycle (1st cycle was 50mg, 2nd was 100mg).

I've been on 100mg for 6 cycles now TTC#2 and I've O'd in all but one cycle. Don't know what the next step will be for me if I haven't concieved this cycle.