Thread: Clomid? Other fertility meds?

Default Clomid? Other fertility meds?

Hey guys

I'm seeing my FS next week after a month of tests (hormonal blood tests and internal ultrasounds). We have a history of LT TTC (almost 3 years) and no confirmed pregnancies...although there have been times when I definitely thought I was pregnant (sore BB, metallic taste in mouth, spotting, etc)...but then the symptoms just disappear and AF turns up!

The FS mentioned that depending on the results of the tests (not sure what they are yet), he'll be most likely putting me on some fertility meds...he mentioned 2 - clomid and ?syrenol? (or something like that)

Can anyone give me an idea what the main fertility medications are out there...and what they assist with? Also...any side effects?

I've tried looking them up on the internet but it's hard sifting through all info.

I have a feeling I might be low in progesterone (based on salivary testing through naturopath)...but yet to have that confirmed by BT yet...

Any help would be fantastic...thanks!
    Last edited by monnie; November 7th, 2006 at 09:01 PM.

Hi Monnie,
    I have been taking clomid for 5 months now. It helps you ovulate and helps to regulate af. I am on this as I have pcos. The side effects can be headaches, hot flushes, feeling sick and you can get hyperstimulation which means there is a higher chance of multiple birth. You need to be monitered while you take clomid such as having b/t, and or u/s.
    Good luck with your appointment next week. I hope you get some much needed answers.

Thanks Mako

Yeah...I'm really hoping we get some answers too...

This LT TTC journey is starting to really take it's toll emotionally!