Thread: Clomid and Ovulation Date

clucky girl Guest

Default Clomid and Ovulation Date

Hi,

I have just ovulated for the first time on 150mg Clomid! . The first two cycles of 50mg and 100mg did not bring on ovulation. My progesterone level this cycle was 70 which I believe is quite high but that's in my other post!

My CD21 test showed ovulation levels of 5.5 however I had a blood test to check insulin levels on CD31 and was very surprised to have a progesterone reading of 70! I have obviously ovulated somewhere between Cd21 and CD31.

Has anybody had experience in O'ing late on Clomid and is this likely to happen next month?

Thanks!

AUZZGAL Guest

Yes i 0ed late last month on clomid but not very late only a few days i suppose somewhere between 16-20 i have heard that clomid can make you 0 late in your cycle..
    Good Luck with it all
    Kristie

elleran19 Guest

Hi, this is my very first post here and i thought i would reply to you! On my first clomid cycle in Jan this year i took my clomid cd5-9 and i didn't O until cd26. My P4 was 55, 7 days after O.
    I have heard that clomid will make some people O later than usual, i'm just glad that i O'd. Hoping this cycle is as successfull but hoping to O a little earlier as well.
    I asked my doctor the same question about the late O and she said that every cycle is different and you can't predict it.
    Hope that helps.

I have tried both 50mg and 100mg of Clomid without ovulating but last cycle on 150mg i ovulated. I took Clomid CD2-6 and ovulated on CD14. This time around i took 150mg again but missed a day and took it CD3-7 and from my chart, it doesnt look like i have ovulated. I am just assuming that for some reason i wont ovulate this cycle. Does anyone know if you successfully ovulate on a dose, should it work again or could it just be a once off? All this is really starting to do my head in and i am even considering having a break from TTC because i was on such a high last cycle having ovulated but now feel like such a failure because it doesnt seem to be working.

Hey WalkingArt,
    I am taking my first cycle of 150mg Clomid at the moment. I didn't O on 50mg or 100mg either. My DH and I were talking the other night saying it would be so exciting to just O.
    I have heard of women Oing on a particular dose of Clomid one month and then not Oing on the same dose the next month....not too sure why though? Probably something to do with the crazy hormones!
    What cycle day are you on at the moment?
    Maybe because you missed a dose and took it a day later than the previous cycle you are just going to O later this month?
    A lot of women who take clomid O late in their cycles.
    Good Luck
    SAM

Cluckygirl - that is a great progesterone level so well done! Many women don't ovulate on cd14 on clomid. My first round of clomid (successful conception) I ovulated on cd22.
    My other cycles I have ovulated on clomid between cd 17-19 which is my usual on a natural cycle. This cycle I was on 150mgs of clomid also and was triggered on cd15 as my follies were rather large and there was a fourth one coming on - the trigger was given to prevent the fourth one growing. I am 39.
    Good luck on your journey. I hope this month is YOUR month.

*las* Guest

Yes! I usually O around CD 19-22...and it was always on Clomid (I don't O naturally).

DS was conceived on a cycle that I O'd CD 21.

Good luck!!!

Lisa, which CD did you take Clomid on?

barney Guest

hi girls just thought i would pop in and say hi .i also am on clomid this is our 3rd try with the firs two goes on 50mg and no luk bfn both times so now we are on 100mg and hopeing this month is our s as we start ivf in june and would love to just fall pg ourselves im taking this lot from cd 1-5 wishing you all the best of luk on yr clomid