Thread: Clomid Question

*Kristee* Guest

Question Clomid Question

Hi girls,

i don't belong in here atm but was just curious....
    For those of you on clomid what side effects did it have on you and is it expensive???

just as doctormentioned it when i saw him

TIA

hey kristee!!

Na, it's about $30.00 for 2 month supply ( 5 tabs per month) I had to take mine from days 2-6 but it depends on waht your doc says. I o'ed about CD17-18

as for side effects i had none the first month but the second month i was a bit nasty! ( like PMT gone crazy but i'm pregnant now). I concieved both times on this drug.

HTH

hey there! I had no side effects at all

I had terrible side effects - moodyness, headaches, major anxiety problems... and it didn't even make me ovulate!

BW

i used Clomid at different strengths over a few cycles - 50, 100 and 150mg (three tabs a day) - only had minimal side effects - main thing i noticed was that the heat got to me more than normal, and made me feel a bit dizzy - no big dramas though.

I had a few headaches my first cycle and a few hot flushes my last cycle but that was about it.

A few cycles I was a bit overly emotional but ttc is stressful!

Hi there,
    I'm only on 50mg ATM but no side effects at all.

Hi Kristee

It gave me major anxiety and nausea. I was also extra emotional. I think it only brings out anxiety if you are prone to it in the first place.
    Good luck

the only side effect I had was a ehadache first cycle so took tabs at night and was fine, also be careful what brand you get my first lot were 2 cycles around $30 2nd time chemist asked if I wanted the so called cheaper version I was like sure, yeah it was $2 cheaper but was for one lot of tablets

*Kristee* Guest

Thank for the info guys,
    Still don't think i want to go that way but if it takes that in the end to get preg i will....i think it was mentioned because i concieved DD and 4 angels on metformin.

So i don't know what he is getting at as this is only my 3rd month so far.
    I suppose its a just wait and see but i am just a little nervous and worried about it.

Don't be nervous Kristee, it's really fine, I promise! The side effects, if you get any, are really very mild and shouldn't put you off.

Clomid gave me thrush!! For the first time in my entire life. I was not impressed
    Last edited by Cherie; January 10th, 2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: removing ticker/signature

Hi Kristee, I'm on my 6th cycle of clomid and 2nd cycle of metformin. I've only taken 50mg og clomid and I've ovulated each month. The only side effects I've had is a headache but nothing that panadol won't fix. Don't be scared to try clomid if thats what your dr suggests. I find its better to take the tablets at night as this minimises any effects you may feel. I wish you luck with the decision you make.