Thread: Clomid Question

Default Clomid Question

Just want to find out from Clomid ladies how many cycles of each dose you had before your FS gave up on that dose? Like how many times did you take 100mg before you moved on to 150mg and how many of 150mg before you stopped, etc.

Also my FS told me that if that doesnt work we have to start FSH injections (which i know nothing about). I have only had one cycle of each dose so im a little concerned that maybe my body is not getting a chance to adapt to the meds but at the same time i dont want to waste time trying and trying something if its not going to work. Sorry i have just rambled on and on but im a little confused.

I was given 5 cycles of the minimum dose...sorry dont remember exactly how many mgs!

Are you ovulating each month? Because if you are, I dont believe that increasing the mgs of clomid will help?

The injections are another way to ensure ovulation and there are a few girls on here who have used them. I hope they can help a bit better

I was given 4 cycles of the lower dose. I o'd so i guess there was no need to up the dose.
    Sorry I'm not much help

i was only given one cycle of each dose - if i didn't O at that level, it was increased. When i didn't respond to the clomid, was moved onto injectables...

Thanks for your responses girls.

Briggsy's you sound like what im doing. Just thought i would check in case my FS was doing something wrong. With the injections, do they act like the clomid in just trying to stimulate your ovaries to ovulate? How many do you get in one cycle and do you do it yourself?

the injectables are a little more controlled. i went onto synarel nasal spray to stop my own hormone production, then after 14 days (and another BT) i went back and started the injections. i had to have a injection every night and yeah, i did them myself - all i can say is, if you have any needle phobia's, take DH along cos he can help you. i was able to do mine, but DH knew what to do if for some reason i wasn't able to do it myself!

apparently the injections work similarly to the tabs - increase estrogen levels to the point where you ovulate. we have to go through IUI - so once the levels are right (observed via BT), go for u/s to check follie development, trigger shot, and then IUI 36 hours later.

i was on injections for 10 days last cycle - unfortunately my body is as stubborn as the rest of me, and decided not to respond, even after injection levels were increased for a few days. as a result, treatment was stopped (though FS did say that some will continue increasing levels anywhere up to 28 days til O occurs - he didn't want to subject me to long term needles). next cycle (when i finally get back to it - damn this op!!), i will start at a higher level of injections for a few days, then reduce based on the recommendations of the clinic. hopefully i'll be kick starting again in the next week or so.

Im so sorry to be a pain but is IUI artificial insemination? Can you not do it naturally when on the injections?

IUI is intrauterine insemination - DH's sample is "cleaned" to make sure it is the optimum fluid for the little swimmers to get to where they need to be - very similar to artificial insemination (truly romantic conception!!)

DH has a low-ish count, but still ok morphology and all that, so they're hoping we can still conceive kinda naturally. from what i've read, you can use the injections and timed intercourse via some FS groups, but ours has said that as soon as we go on needles we go to IUI as there's a greater chance of success.

Thanks so much for your help.

WalkingArt I was on the same dosage of Chlomid for 9 months before moving onto injectables. I was told that IUI was probably the way to go but they tested DH just before my cycle and said his results came in perfect so they suggested we try timed intercourse.

From memory I was on the injections for about 10 days then had an ultrasound which showed only 1 follicle. We hoped for the best and had a trigger shot then were told to DTD that night and again on the following night. Luckily for us it worked and our 1 egg was fertilised. Obviously your options are limited by your medical conditions and DH's results but our FS was happy for us to start from the simplest treatment and work our way up. It took us 18 months and alot of heartache but we're finally expecting our first baby. Just make sure that you feel comfortable with your FS and dont be frightened to ask questions.

All the best. Hope you get your BFP really soon

Thanks for the info teepee. I love hearing stories like yours, it gives me hope. I do feel comfortable with my FS but when i am there i forget to ask questions and the next day i have 101 questions. Lucky i have this site....LOL