Thread: Clomid without AF first?

Default Clomid without AF first?

Howdy,
    Hope everyone is doing well!

Are you able to take Clomid without getting AF first? I have never heard of anyone doing this?

I am on CD42 of my second Clomid cycle (I took 100mg this time) and no sign of ovulation
    Just wondering if I will have to take Provera again..wait for AF...and then take 150mg Clomid?

Thanks Heaps
    SAM

Last edited by sammy88; April 16th, 2007 at 04:14 PM.

*las* Guest

I've never heard of anyone doing it either! You'd have to get AF so you know what day to take it, and so you can track your cycle. I had occasional long cycles with it, must mostly it did regulate it a bit more.

I'd talk to your Dr about upping the dose next month maybe???

Hope you get something sorted out, must be frustrating with a cycle that long

You can do it without getting AF first, but you need a BT done to see if your hormones levels are low. The reason you generally have to wait for AF is because your hormone levels are flat when you get AF. But if a BT shows that they are low, then there is no need for you to wait for AF to start taking it.

If the BT shows that they are elevated, you will need to wait for AF or have it induced, so that the levels are low enough to start taking it.

Hope this helps - all the best with it!

Shellshell....thanks for that info That is good to know.
    If I still haven't got AF by Thursday (which will be CD45) then I am going to call my FS again so I will talk to him about it...hopefully he will check my levels first with a BT.

barney Guest

hey sammy i also am on my second dose of clomid and i know how confusing and frustrating all this is it was really good to read yr story i started this months on the 9th and pretty sure i was o yesterday as the test had two very brite lines so im praying we did o as last month we had no lines what so ever i wish you all the very best keep in touch and i hope you o really soon and i also hope u get af soon as that would be so draining

Hi Smithy!
    I replied to you in another post too...but thought I would here too!

I am so excited for you that you O'd What cycle day are you on? What cycle days are you taking the Clomid?

SAM

barney Guest

hey sammy thank you so much for yr reply i am now on cycle day 14 and started my second lot of clomid on the 5.4.07witch was my first day and then just continued for the 5 days after that im still only on 50mg but at least this month i did get my big o.the first lot i took i never even come close to ,o.so anyway u r still waiting for AF to start yr next lot and i wish you so much luk all this baby making is very consuming i find and most of the time its all i talk about i just wish this journey wasnt so hard for us but hang in there chiky well get there

Hi Smithy,
    Yep I am still waiting for AF. I left a message for my FS this morning so just waiting for him to call me back and more than likely I will take Provera again.
    I take my Clomid on CD5 to CD9.
    This whole TTC thing is all consuming, isn't it! And the waiting drives me nuts....waiting for AF, waiting to see if I ovulated.....always waiting!
    Best of luck to you
    SAM