Thread: Coffee alternatives

Default Coffee alternatives

Hi there,
    I've been thinking about getting a coffee alternative. Do you have a preference for any decafs or other types of hot drinks?
    Thanks!
    Didge

DJ Guest

I do the rounds...from decaf, tea, herbal tea, dandelion tea (very similar to coffee in texture), hot chocolate, green tea. Whatever takes my fancy? Now I am not TTCing for the next few months...I'm back on the coffee but only one a day.

Merry christmas

Hi Didge
    I went off coffee in June while cycling and have only had one cup since. Not sure how much effect it has on ttc - my dr said one cup of instant a day is ok. But, what I did find, is that it really dehydrates. I had one cup about a month ago and was so thirsty for the rest of the day. So, it obviously does bad stuff in some way.
    Anyway, apart from herbal teas, I also drink ECCO. It's made from malted barley, rye and chicory. Sounds bad but really, unless you are a real coffee connoisseur, it's not unlike the real thing. I have it black with sugar, but it would be quite alright with milk too. You can find it in the supermarkets with the coffee and tea, is in a white and black striped tin.
    Cheers
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I've been told that green tea blocks folate, and to not use it if you're TTCing, but apparently this hasn't been conclusively proven.

Nonetheless I gave up my daily green tea concoction with pleasure!

love
    sushee

mooshie Guest

hi didge

i adore my coffee - especially first thing in the morning. with dd #1 i went totally off it and didn't have a cup until around 8mths preg, with my other two i still wanted coffee so i drank nescafe decaf and to tell you the truth it wasn't bad - i didn't really notice a difference in the taste. i still had a latte' when out shopping but always asked for decaf.

also when preg i seem to love drinking plain mineral water with a slice of lemon, always goes down well for me especially when suffering from morning sickness.