Thread: Cramps & Clomid

Default Cramps & Clomid

Hi girls, I am experiencing some pretty intense cramps have been since this morning. I am wonderng if its a side effect of the metformin, I am not due to O for another 4 or 5 days I imagine, so I am not sure that it would be ovulation pains.

Anyone had this before or know if its related? I am going to ask Nick about it on wednesday as I have an appt. Fingers crossed it goes away, coz I tell you it certainly makes BDing less appealing.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Sal Guest

Hi Cailin, I am on clomid/metformin this cycle and I have noticed that I have been having cramps (lower back, my 'style' of cramps that I usually only get on my first and second full days of AF bleeding) both before O and after.

I am sort of relieved to hear that someone else has experienced cramps IYKWIM, although I'd love to hear what your doc says about it.

Are you being monitored by your doc or relying on OPKs?

Neither I had one blood test that showed I had O'd by CD 21 so we are told to BD every 2nd day for 2 weeks from CD 12.

Both times we have achieved this we have fallen pregnant So it seems to work well for us. Lets just hope we can keep the little bubba in there next time

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin, Ive never had the Metformin but found myself to have really intense cramping while on the Clomid - to the point of laying on the bed in tears!

Hope you get a sticky bubs this time [-o< for you....

Keen