Thread: Crinone and HPT's

Question Crinone and HPT's

Hi All,

Has anyone been on Crinone and done an HPT before b/t ??? Just wondering at the truthfulness of the HPT results at all and how many DPO's that you did them ...

My b/t is 12.12 but dont know if I can actually wait that long now lolol .... and scared that the Crinone will affect the reading ????

Thanks heaps !!!

The crinone delivers progesterone and will not effect the results of a HPT. The only thing that will effect the results on a HPT is if the trigger hasn't completely left your system, or if you have pregnyl shots as luteal phase support as well.

For me, my trigger was Friday evening and was half strength (5000IU instead of 10000IU). On Wednesday morning in the hospital, there was still HCG detected in my system... Was only at 20, but was enough to send the doctors into a bit of a spin until I reminded them that there was no embryo transfer, pregnancy was impossible and it was probably the remains of the trigger injection still!

Another little story from me - My first blastocyst transfer, and BT was 9 days later... the day before I had an absolutely stark white BFN, but the following day the blood test was still positive.

Good luck when you do decide to test, Melsta.

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi Melsta,

Crinone will not affect the accuracy of a HPT, so if you want to do one, be reassured that it will not give you a false reading. HTH.

Thanks ladies, i had my trigger injection on the 24.11.07 and half strength as well and no pregynl shots only the Crinone so that should well and truly be out of my system, just wondering whether a result would show up now as I am only 10 DPO ....

might wait until the weekend and try and keep myself busy until then, as it will be a 16 day wait in between transfer (which was grade 1 blastocyst) and b/t ... and now with the way i am feeling (which all could also be Crinone symptons) i would like a semi answer to ease the pain of the phone call next week IYKWIM ....

I did a few highly sensitive HPTs before my B/T, I was still on Crinone and it came up negative so the crinone shouldn't affect the HPT results.

I really feel for u. The TWW after a stimulated cycle etc is the worst time eva! I have never experienced it before this past month so I totally sympathise with ur anxiety and level of uncertainty. U will get through this...just hang in there!

Cya lovely lady xx

I was very sneaky & did a HPT at 13 days post egg collection. I used Crinone & like the others said it has progesterone which makes no difference to the test result. I was worried about the Pregnyl trigger shot giving me a false positive, but two very lovely BB ladies reassured me when I was panicking that the trigger shot would have been well & truly out of my system.

GOOD LUCK!!

good luck melsta, you are almost there!

Thanks ladies .... i guess in the back of your mind you always wonder if anything will affect the reading but i bought the same test i have always used when i always got BFN's prior to the AC cycle so I know they work for me ........ ohhh man only 5 days to go really ..... this is the worst wait of all .... lolol