Thread: Delayed Periods.. pls help

Unhappy Delayed Periods.. pls help

Hi..first of all, a big Hi to all .. really happy to find this site..
    Me 28, DH 34, TTC 6yrs. DH azoospermia, me no tubes and one ovary. hence sought to IVF. 1st cycle in May 2007.. failed. 2nd in Sept 2007. failed.. 10 frozen ..FET Dec 2007. Emotionally drained out....
    I got my last periods on 24 Sept 2007 on the day of HcG test.. after that, i m yet to get periods (today is nov 1). had been to Obgyn today for a scan. Dr. says nothing abnormal and to wait till periods come. how many of u have been in the same boat.. ? Also, she warned me that the flow could be heavy and painful.... realy sccared.....this is the first time in my life wherein my periods is irregular.. i have always been a 28 day cycle girl. Suppose if i get my period on 20 Nov, can i start my FET in the same cycle.. that is, can i have the transfer done in Dec 2007. How successful is FET for someone who had 2 failed IVFs.
    Pls include us in ur prayers.. !!! we r dying for a baby !!!
    Love to all
    wannababy

CAH Guest

I finished 1st IVF at end of Sept, got my AF a few days after the result (BFN). Am still waiting for AF which should have been here last Tues. I had a BT last Fri to see if I may have somehow gotten preggo naturally but it turned out that I ovulated really late & they didn't expect my AF for another week, I have to go back again for a BT this Fri if it hasn't turned up before.

All I can say is the IVF drugs do seem to make things a little wobbly! I have always been v regular before, 28 days, but this will be roughly 38 days if it shows up at end of this week.

I am waiting to start FET, got everything signed off & now this. I give up, the stress never ends does it. Are you hoping to do a medicated FET cycle or natural? Our clinic seem to think medicated works better & we have a 30-35% chance of success if we can get 2 embies defrosted & transferred.

Hope yours turns up soon.

Clare

good luck to you all, it is as stressful waiting for af as a bfp sometimes isn't it.

I hope you all get the desired result very soon.

Kel

Default update on delayed prds ...

Thanks girls... for your replies..

heres the update : i have got my periods on Nov 3rd i.e, 11 days late. But thank god, not at all messy and painful :-)
    My Lupron injn will start on 10 Nov and would probably get my prds on Nov 22-24. So, my FET would be in Dec early 2nd week.
    Yes, i m going to have a medicated FET.
    Need prayers from all of you. This is my third and really cant stand any more, both emotionally as well as financially.. In India, infertility trtments are not covered by any insurance or mediclaim policies
    hoping for a BFP ....
    good luck to all... and me too....
    Last edited by wannababy; November 6th, 2007 at 05:50 PM.

CAH Guest

Well its good news AF finally turned up, means you can get started!

Wishing you all the best, keep us posted.

Clare

Kenziesmum - Kel is that you? Are you stalking me or what, this is to feaky!!!! I haven't posted on here since my IVF, wasn't expecting a reply from you!!!! Am giggling here, we are just 2 alike!!!!

Well as we discussed, YES IT'S ME!!

Glad to hear everyone's bodies finally kicked in. I only found this site the other day, not even sure how now, I think I was looking for hormone levels...(I know I know) I just wanted to have a look and found all this lovely information on here.

anywho, good luck everyone with your cycles!!!!

Kel

thanks all for the good wishes..
    will keep u all updated with the proceedings..
    my scan and Lupron shots will start on Nov. 10th