Thread: DHEA

cybert369 Guest

Default DHEA

Has anyone used DHEA to help with egg quality. I have been reading about it on the net and it sounds very promising. Does anyone know where I could get my hands on some? I have searched the net but can only find the homeopathic type.

hi cybert sorry i don't know what DHEA is but i am always interested in hearing about ways to improve egg quality. GL xx

yes darling,
    what you need to find is a compounding pharmacy. They are not all that common. There is one in port melbourne and one in footscray. my mum buys it from the one in port melbourne as it was considerably cheaper than the one in footscray. Also the larger the quantity you buy the better the deal. hth

Do you need a script for this?

not sure sorry. but i will try and find out for you

what is DHEA?

slyder Guest

Dusty,

DHEA

*las* Guest

My girlfriend has been using this for years trying to improve her egg quality. I know she had a really hard time getting it, then had to use it for 3 months (suggested time it would take until they would see an improvement).

She did another cycle and got a lot more eggs and a few more fertilised than her last 3 cycles, so she was happy with the result.

cybert369 Guest

I have just received an order for DHEA from US and started taking them yesterday, will see how it goes.

How did you get it and from where?
    Thanks.

cybert369 Guest

I bought it online from : Muscle, Fitness Sports Supplements :: MASS Bodybuilding. The product is called DHEA 100. It has 100mg of dhea.

Just go into any health food shop and ask for it (that's the homeopathic version though) Is there another type of DHEA apart from the homeopathic one ?? My mum was taking it for depression.

Hi Cybert369,

Just wondering how you're going on DHEA. Have you noticed any improvement?

I have recently been looking into it to improve egg quantity and quality. I am 41 and have done 8 stim cycles. I've never produced enough eggs in a cycle to freeze any so it's very slow going.

All the research I have come across looks promising, especially the trials taking place in the US. See these sites for more info:
    Older Women Pregnancy and Premature Ovarian Failure
    Pill Giving Women A Chance Video - CBSNews.com

I'd love to hear about your experience with DHEA.

Thanks,
    bblossom
    Melbourne

I wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has anything new to add...where to buy....which IVF clinic/FS will discuss the possibility of using DHEA etc.

Hi,

I've just started taking it a couple of weeks ago.

I got it with a script from my FS from a compunding pharmacy. It costs $50 per month when taking 25mg 2* per day (in the US they take 75mg). My FS first ordered a blood test and found that my DHEA levels were a little lower than normal but wasn't sure what it meant as they normally test DHEAS levels (please don't ask I have no idea what it all means). Also have now started to get side effects, really fatty skin and breaking out with some pimples.

Sara