Thread: Difference between Clomid and Metaformin?

Default Difference between Clomid and Metaformin?

Hi

Does anyone know the difference between Clomid and Metaformin? Are they both the same or do they do different things?

If I was on anti-depressents (for mood swings mainly) in high school and early adulthood am I more susceptible to mood swings while on Clomid? And if I also had/have a stomach ulcer, does this affect it?

I know that I need to ask my FS and have got a list of Q's to ask her but was wondering if BBs had experience or knowledge that could give me an inside look.

Also, any hints with taking Clomid to make it as easy on myself (side effect wise) as possible?

Thank you so much

Clomid and metformin are very different.

Metformin is a drug normally used to treat people with type II diabetes, it helps counter act the insulin resistance that causes PCOS and for some people, metformin alone is enough to make ovulation resume and to allow conception.

Clomid is a drug that is used to "trick" the body into ovulating. I'm afraid I don't know anything about how it may effect a stomach ulcer, or the mood swings, but I can tell you that I'm on an anti-depressent to help deal with anxiety issues, and I had terrible trouble with clomid - there was a lot going on at the time, but I'm sure the clomid didn't help my response one bit! The best way to avoid side effects with clomid is to take it at night before going to bed.

I hope others will be able to give you more information - I've only ever done one clomid cycle, which has failed to work and rather than try it again, we'll be commencing IVF soon.

Good luck!

BW