Thread: DNA fragmentation test

Default DNA fragmentation test

Hi everyone, i was just curious as to wether anyone's partner had a DNA frag test?? My DH is going in for one on wednesday and im sooo scared of what the results may be my FD said that it may still happen for us if its bad but its a lot harder and i just googled it and what i read was that if men have bad quality sperm then good chance is there may be a lot of damaged sperm with DNA problems and because my hubby has no molitity, very low sperm count and on the border line of concern for abnormal sperm im so worried what this next result will be. It also said on the site that anything under 30% is ok of damaged sperm but over 30% is bad and there is only really one option to have the sperm surgectly removed so it dosnt get damaged more from ejaculation or alot of cases need to turn to a sperm donor Can anyone help with feedback xx

Hi Oneday,

My DH had a sperm frag test and his results were fine. BUT... he has a friend who had to have his sperm surgically extracted (or whatever you call it) and then ICSI and he now has the 2 most perfect children you could hope for. Good luck for wed! Let us know how he goes

Thanks Kaybee! well im glad that was 2 good results i can have to give me hope it will be ok in the end. I hope poor DH dosn't have to go through having his sperm surgically removed but it will be worth it in the end. I won't get results till i come back from Fiji, im booked in to see my FD on the 18th oct so i will let you know how it went! xxxx

Hi oneday. Fx that all tests will come back fine. If your DH has to have sperm surgically removed, don't worry too much. It is quite an easy procedure. I am sure he wouldn't need the open biopsy, because they know he has sperm, so they probably would use the needle aspiration. My DH has had it done and he was ok the day after. A little bit sore and a bit of bruising, but really not that bad. They also froze heaps of sperm, so he doesn't have to go through it again (well I hope we will be successful). No success story yet, as we haven't started IVF yet. Just wanted to let you know no to worry too much about the procedure.
    All the best!

Thanks kristine! thats good to hear, i didn't know there was two ways they could do it, i thought the only way was to cut them open! but good to hear not. When will you be starting your first STIM cycle? x