Thread: Dr Mazzucchelli

Question Dr Mazzucchelli

Hello everyone

I have my first IVF appointment with Dr Rob Mazzucchelli of concept fertility clinic on the 29 Jan. i was wondering if anyone has been treated by him before and what they thought he was like? Also does anyone know what is involved in the first appointment? i think its just a pow wow about what the options are and if you are accepted then you go off for blood tests etc... The closer the date gets it feels like the less i know.
    --------------------------------

ME 31 DH 33
    Floyd James 11 Jan 2001
    Thomas Allan 22 Oct 2002
    Cody Willem 8 Dec 2003

Kat Guest

Hi Sonya

My original referral was to Dr Mazz. It really is just to discuss the procedure and give you some booklets etc. He will also refer you onto the nurses for blood tests etc.
    I actually left his office quite distressed, as I found him very negative. :frown: I have heard many different stories from others, that are very happy with him. He is a older guy, who is direct and abrupt.
    I now see Dr Love and feel so much more comfortable. I think its just a personal feeling you have about someone.. I am sure he is a great DR. I just know how stressed out I will be starting IVF, and I wanted to feel comfortable with my FS, and know I can ask any questions..
    Good luck with your appointment.. I am sure it will be fine.

Cheers,
    Kat

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I saw Dr Nichols. Simply because I was forewarned that some Drs at Concept won't take on an overweight patient (which I am), and Dr Mazz was one of those. But Dr Mazz did a few of my u/s and even an EPU when Dr Nichols was away. He seemed nice enough, but I admit a fondness for my own FS, he didn't mention my weight once!

Kat Guest

Arggh ! I too am a little overweight, and I mentioned to Dr Mazz that I wanted to lose a few kilos before starting"IVF.. he looked and me and said , "Well, yes you are a bit chubby" :eek:

ooooooooo.k. well i have told DH that we cant go to dr mazz cracking jokes, which is something we both do when nervous! only 10 sleeps to go before my journey starts. goodness i hope dr mazz isnt the same about featherweight patients, but i have heard a lot of weight related sarcastic comments, so im sure i can handle anything. heres hoping its all ok!!!! will let you all know how the appt went and anymore advice on what happens in the initial appointment and if you have a long wait until blood tests would be great. I LIKE TO BE PREPARED.... DH reckons i was a boy scout in my past life.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Can't help with the blood test question sonya, I did mine before my first appointment through the KEMH fertility clinic so didn't have to do them again through Concept. Though I doubt it would take long. When I had to do my annual ones (they screen you every 12 months) I was just about to start a cycle, and they don't like your results to be out of date, and I remember managing to getting the blood tests done before I started injections!

I think it's if you need other tests, like a HSG or u/s then it can take a little more time, but you should get any referrels on the day of your first appt, I imagine.

Kat, about Dr Mazz's comment