Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Egg collection

Ann,

congratulations on the huge number of eggs. That is great news.

Hayseed

Ann you are truly amazing not be sore with the number of eggs and follies you had. After my egg collections I'm sore for 2 weeks - I'm probably just a sook though!!!!

ann Guest

Well I heard from the nurse, 17 eggs were injected and 13 fertilized, so now just waiting, waiting, waiting.
    Hubby popped home after I text him on his mobile, and he said, "I'm a father to 13 I hope they are being looked after". I didn't have the heart to tell him they are still not visible to the naked eye.

Ann

Ann, what a sweetie of a hubby you have...
    He thinks he is SUPER DAD now!!!!

Sal Guest

=D> Yay! 13 is a good number (hope you're not superstitious!). Feels weird though, doesn't it, having future bubs "out there" being looked after.

Way to go Ann. 13 is a great number of fertilised eggs! Are sure they will all be growing tremendously and you will have your pick of the crew! You may have already said, but I was wondering if you intend on putting 1 or 2 back (or more? 8-[ ?)

Keen

ann Guest

I was only going to put one bubba back, but if hubby has his way he would put 13 back.

Ann

:shock:

I think that's called a litter & you need more nipples to feed em' all!!!

HA HA HA HA!!!!

You're really cracking me up today LOL, it must be funny friday..Tracey

In San Francisco my cousin would have all the embies transferred! She was fortunate to have 2 x singleton pgs. But she had to do an ec each cycle!!!

ann Guest

Hi girls,
    just heard from the nurse I have 1 embryo @ 5 cell stage, 10 @ 4cell stage and 2@ 2 cell stage. I don't know but I thought that the embryo's divided at even numbers.
    Wondered if anyone had any ideas. Also hubby and I have given serious thought to having two put back in.

Ann

Hi Ann,
    I would have thought they divided evenly as well, but I really have no idea. As far as having 2 put back, I can't remember your situation, but if you have no children, I would be putting 2 back in and tat would be a bonus. Twins are hard work in the beginning but then you may not need to go back for more IVF if you wanted more than one child.

Sal Guest

Hi Ann,

I think the 'textbook' division is equal numbers, doubling each time. But that doesn't always happen and it doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Are they day 2 or day 3 embryos? A 5-cell on day 2 is pretty advanced!

On day 3 I had a 5-cell one.

Are your BTs tomorrow re decision about ET?

My DP and I are also thinking seriously about asking for 2 embys to be put back. We have an appointment with the RE tomorrow, will be interesting to see if we can hold our ground or get talked out of the idea.

Ann -- When it comes to putting 2 back I think it is something that all us IVFers consider at some stage or another. For me this is my first try and Im still pretty young ( I guess 8-[ ) so we are going to only put 1 back, plus dr is pretty determined for us not to have two unless we are unsuccessful this time or the next.

I think, so long as you are making an informed decision about it then the choice should be totally yours. My friend recently gave birth to twins (identical, conceived naturally) and they were both very healthy and her pregnancy was not the nightmare that you often hear about with twins and would tell anyone to go for it because now she has two beautiful little girls and wouldnt change that for the world.

Long winded me -- Keen

ann Guest

Hi girls,
    Today is day three for our embies 4 @ 8 cell, 6 @ 7 cell and 3 @ 6 cell.
    I hope the little ones keep powering along. Tomorrow I have to have a whole heap of Bt's to see if I can go ahead with ET Tue morn. Fingers crossed, I don't want to have a freeze all.
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Love Ann

Sal Guest

Hi Ann, hope you had a lovely weekend. Have you heard how your littlies are going this morning? When will you hear about ET? Fingers crossed, it is tomorrow. :luck: Very exciting! Have you decided on 1 or 2?

Oooh things sound great!

Hope the BT comes back ok.

Hayseed

ann Guest

Hi Girls,
    Had my Bt this morning, and the nurse just rang to say that today day 4 I have 4 compacted embies, 3 partially compacted embies, 1 @ 10 cell and 3 @ 8 cell, whicj means 3 didn't make it.
    I have a tentative booking for tomorrow for transfer at 11.45 am, but I won't know until tonight whether it will be a freeze all <:-( or freshy tomorrow. I'm not usually an agro person, but I really want this to go ahead tomorrow so I might have to put an angry head on and demand......

Love Ann.
    xx

Sal Guest

Ann, your littlies are doing really well! =D> You've got a whole football team in the wings! I agree with you re kicking up a bit of a stink. I know the docs err on the side of caution, but unless you are heading toward serious OHSS you should be allowed to take the risk (methinks!) and have ET. From what I've read on the net, it seems that if your emby(s) take then OHSS can become bad, but the good news is that you would be pg.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast