Thread: Egg Donors

Draco Guest

Default Egg Donors

Hi everyone

I'm a new member, I live in QLD and would love to meet other EDs. I don't think I'll find any in my area, coz I'm kinda remote but I'd love to hear from any that are sorta-local.
    I'm just about to start my second cycle and it'd be great to share it with another donor.
    Any of you around?

Hi Draco and welcome to BB.

I'm not sure that there are any other ED's on BB, but I may be wrong.

What a great gift you are giving people, you must be a very special person.

I have long thought about donating myself. I'm just not sure how I would feel about it in the long term. I know that there are alot of people out there needing donated eggs and would truely love to be able to give them that gift but I still have alot of reservations on it.

Well done to you though.

Take care
    Trish

Hi Draco and welcome to BB.
    I'm not a donor.
    But, I think what you are doing in giving hope to others in achieving their greatest dream is so wonderful. There should be more of you!! O
    I take my hat off to you.
    Sue
    :luck:

Draco Guest

Oh
    I was hoping that I'd find some here.. they seem so scarce.
    I belong to an international mailing list for donors, but I've looked for aussie donors unsuccessfully for ages.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you Trish and Sue
    Don't be fooled by the altruistic vibes of egg donation - I'm in it for the warm fuzzies. It's purely a selfish thing.

Hi Draco,
    Welcome to BB. I have recently joined the AussieEggDonors site as I am perhaps looking for a donor. The site is new but many of the girls have been chatting via a Yahoo group for some time. I will try to PM you the link to the site.

Hey there Draco - =D> to you for becoming a donor (regardless of the reason). I think that is fantastic and I myself would want to become one, given the chance, after I have had my own family. Would love to be able to help someone to get off this rollercoaster...

Hopefully you will be able to find others in a similar situation who you can chat to and share your experiences with...

Draco Guest

Your message was greatfully received, anney Thank you very much. I'm all signed up and waiting for membership.

Thanks KeenAs..Rollercoasters are always more fun when there's someone sitting in it with you.

hey anney - can you PM me that site address too, pretty please??

Hi Anney.
    Just wanted to thank you for the email - I can't PM you back though!!
    Yes, you're right, it's always good to be armed with info before you have to make a decision.
    Thanks so much.
    Sue

Hi Draco,

I'm in the opposite position - DH and I are using a donor to have a child. Unfortunately this is on hold at the moment due to the lack of male donors in Sydney (well in our clinic, anyway). We tried an unknown donor twice to no avail earlier in the year.

Now a wonderful friend of mine is thinking of being our donor. We have to wait 6 months (if he agrees) to go through all the physical and psychological tests. Feeling slightly frustrated by the wait, after being go, go, go earlier in the year.

I think what you are doing is absolutely brilliant!! Have you tried the Donor Conception Support group? I'm in the process of joining the NSW branch at the moment, and they have a Queensland branch. From their brochure, they definitely want to hear from donors.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by sushee; December 19th, 2006 at 03:35 PM. Reason: removing link

Hello, I've wanted to be an ED for a long time, however I've not yet finished my own family and I fear I may be too old by the time I do (I'm currently just 35 and TTC#2). However once my pregnancy and lactation are over I will most definitely be checking out the local arrangements and hope I can still help a family out.

Good luck finding other EDs!
    :-)