Thread: Egg not sticking

Default Egg not sticking

I'm hopefully not in this situation but was wondering. If you take clomid from cd2-6 then ovulate on cd14, then BD & fertilise your egg but the egg doesn't stick/implant. What product helps the egg stick/implant? Does the clomid help?

hmm good question! im not sure if clomid helps it to stick... sorry!

Percy Guest

Nope clomid is purely used to stimulate your follicles to help produce an egg through ovulation. It doesn't help an egg stick.

I don't know what would help - maybe progesterone? Hopefully someone else can help!

Yeah i haven't heard of clomid to help it stick either....not sure what does...sorry...have you tried 'googling' it..

Hiya

Im having my first IVF/ICSI egg transfer 2moro and they have given me progesterone gel to use each night, apparently that helps prepare the uterus and helps the egg 'stick'

Give me 2 weeks and i should be able to tell ya how well it works hehe

I think you can get progesterone pessaries and tablets too, hope this helps

Cheers
    Char

Unfortunately there really isnt anything specific that makes the egg "stick". The progesterone does help prepare the uterus and continues to develop the lining of the uterus, if the egg sticks, but I know only too well there is nothing they can do to assist in the "sticking" process. Bummer, I know. Fingers crossed you wont have to worry and that eggie sticks right away.