Thread: Egg pick up and weight gain

Default Egg pick up and weight gain

I had my EPU today which went fine i felt great afterwards i feel bloated and a bit crampy but same as last time i had EPU but i have put on 2kgs since i had my trigger injection on wednesday i have really not eaten a great deal the last few days but have drank a bit of water i am concerned about how quickly i gained the weight i did have a drip full of fluid and have been going to the toilet as normal does 2 kgs in 2 days seem ok or should i be worried.

Ferrals4 - It could be a small amount of OHSS. I got it on my stim cycle and I couldn't even fit into my clothes!!

If it is that, just drink lots of water - it should settle down over the next week.

Hope that helps.

Sounds like it could be OHSS - did they mention the possibility to you? A certain amount of bloating can be normal, but a big jump in weight can be a sign that your E2 levels might be a bit high.
    I'd keep your clinic informed of any symptoms, including weight gain or increase in girth. Take it easy and get plenty of fluids - hope it doesn't turn out to be anything to worry about.
    Oh, and good luck for your transfer!

Thanks the doctor said she is not worried she said my E2 is pretty high but it did not get as high as the 16,400 last time i am hopeing it is because i stimmed for an extra 4 days that it might be the reason as the weight started to come on before EPU it started after i took the trigger i will just keep an eye on it.

Definitely keep an eye on it and rest as much as possible. Any further weight gain or pain, get back to your clinic and let them know.

BW

OK thanks i will be weighing myself constantly i am very unconfortable and crampy but it is ok with a heat pack so fingers crossed i will be ok in a few days.