Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emb. Implantation Tomorrow

Default Emb. Implantation Tomorrow

Hi all,

I am trying to stay positive this time around but I am finding it really hard. Our Embryoligist advised us to thaw all 6 of our embryos and grow them to Blastocyst stage - 2 have died, 2 are really slow dividing and only up to 3 cells after 4 days, 1 is a supercell and is growing to quick and 1 is just right!

I am trying to read books, watch TV and take my mind off everything, but the truth is I am really scared, upset (crying at the drop of a hat!), cranky, stress and feeling a lot of pressure etc, because if I don't end up Pg after this attempt, I don't know if I can put my body through the egg pick up etc again.

Has anyone else had all of their embryos grown to Blastocyst stage and refrozen?

Bindy

Hi Bindy,

I know how you feel - sometimes I think the days after EPU are even more stressful than the TWW, waiting to hear if your embryos are growing!

We got 8 eggs from my last cycle, only 2 made it to blastocyst stage. One was a fresh transfer which resulted in a BFN, and the other was frozen. I just had the frozen one transferred on Saturday, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. My FS said that only 60% of cells survived the thaw, but apparently as long as it's more than 50% the embryo is considered to have "survived" the thaw. However, some clinics have a 70% minimum survival rate before they'll transfer.

May I ask how many cycles you've had?? I've only had two, and one of those was cancelled prior to EPU because of poor response. Have you considered a small break between cycles if this one is unsuccessful?

Here's a hug to help you stay positive.

Vicki

Hi VickI,

Thank you for your kind words of support. I first had my Egg Pick up/ICSI in Sept 2006 and got 20 eggs - 7 of which were healthy and ended up with 7 embryos, I hyperstimulated and ended up in Hospital for a month and spent two weeks in Intensive Care (so I am not really very keen to repeat the process) needless to say I couldn't have a fresh cycle. My first FET was in December 2006 and we found out 2 days before Christmas that the Pg was not succesful . I then threw myself into my work and tried hard to forget about Pregnancy and babies for 2007. Then we decided that this year we would try again - I gave up a highly stressful full time position in February and decided to run my husbands business from home. I really didn't know what the survival rate was when the embryos are thawed, I guess I just thought with 6 embryos left - six potential babies.
    I know my hormones are playing with my head and I feel a little crazy but now I feel that I have gone from having 6 opportunities to 2.

I am not sure what we will do if this one is unsuccessful, but I am trying not to think that way!

Thanks again for your hug I really needed it

I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and will say a little prayer for you

Please keep me updated - I would love to know how you go, here's a hug right back at you! -

Bindy

Bindy,

Just wanted to say goodluck with transfer - i so hope all your dreams come true - this ivf stuff is really hard - i know - i am thinking of you. Wishing you onlly the best, try to stay positive.

Bindy :goodluck2: with your transfer sweet

Oh bindi I no how you feel back in march we had five embryos and only one made it to blastocyct stage I was certain it wasnt going to work but as all the ladies here assured me all it takes is one. One little strong fighter to snuggle in nice and tight and fight against theodds. Goodluck for tomorrow and remeber you only need one.

Bindy ,
    Good luck with the transfer.

While we have not gone to the blast stage, I do know that hearing that one of our embies did not make the thaw for my last transfer was one of the hardest things that I have had to hear.

Thinking of you,
    FG

Default Thank you all

Hi All,

Well all went well yesterday. We went in for our ET and 2 Embryos had grown to blastocyst stage and on the spare of the moment our OBGYN asked us if we wanted to put both back! Our Embryolgist suggested that if we didn't put both back then the other one may not survive the re-freeze. So we put both back
    I am trying to find things to do today to keep myself occupied and busy!

We are really praying for this one to work

Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement, it is so great to speak to people who really understand

We are keeping our fingers, toes and everything else crossed! It is going to be the longest TWW of my life!!

Love Bindy xx

Bindy that is excellent news welcome to the TWW :stickyvibegirl:

Hi Bindy ... congrats on making it the 2WW with 2 embies! That is great! I know how stressful it is! Praying this is it for you as well!
    Mon

Hi Girls,

Mon thanks for your well wishes the TWW is driving me crazy!

Thanks Tiggerlinda I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

FG how is your day going is everything settling down for you?

I am soooooooo tempted to POAS, but I'm really resistingthe urge. I think I will just wait to see what the BT says on Friday (4 more sleeps to go).

Good luck sweetie not long to go now I am struggling with the HPT too

I have made up my mind not to do one at all. I have just thrown out all my HPT to get all temptation out of the house and I am going to be strong. When is your BT Tiggerlinda?

Bt Mon the 26th

Well I will be sending positive vibes and lots of your way!

Thanks Bindy I am thinking of you to sweet have not bought a HPT so think I made it through the hard time today

I was going a little crazy with the dreaded TWW, so I called my clinic for some advice. Anyway I ended up going in yesterday for a quick BT so that they could check my Progesterone levels. They said that they would run a HCG test just to see if anything showed up. The results are Progesterone 24.5 and she said they like them above 25 so they uped my Progesterone yesterday. She also said that the HCG was at 56 which they said was really positive and they didn't expect to see so early. So really crossing my fingers and legs!!

Hey Bindy ... that is so exciting!!! Sounding very promising! Yay! Wow didnt know they could adjust the progesterone. What have they upped it to? what are you on ... the crinone? I am using crinone twice a day. Hoping that helps as previous times have only used once a day! 2WW driving me batty too! DH wanted to POAS last night, but I refused!!! Wishing you all the very best for Friday! Not long to go!
    Mon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast