Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Empty Arms, Broken Hearts"

Amazing! I cried and cried!! it sums it up perfectly!

I was just about to photocopy chapters out of my "getting pregnant" handbook to give to my family but i think i will send this link instead!

THANKYOU

XXbELLA

wow I had no idea Thanks for sharing that. I have always taken having kids for granted. I will not be doing that anymore.
    Hugs to you all who struggle.

Thanks MM84, it helps to know more people may understand and respect what LTTTCers can go through.

Thanks for putting this up Heather and to those allowing it to stay. Many people have been trying TTC a lot longer than me but I am going through a lot of that right now. Its good to know we are not alone although very sad but videos like this keep us going and trying and trying. Also helps our families and friends to understand what we are going through.

for all in this position. xo

So sad... Yet beautifully done

Our fifth IVF cycle has just ended with yet another BFN. You just don't think it can hurt anymore than it already has, and yet each time it tears you apart. We came so close last year only to loose our little boy at 8 weeks. This video just sums up so well what we've been through over all these years. Most of our close friends and family know what we've been through but they don't always understand and sometimes they forget. We don't want them to feel sorry for us, we want them to understand. I don't know if I have the courage to send this to them or not, I think most of them just want us to stop trying and move on but we can't, it's just not something you can let go of but maybe we should. I don't know, feel so so sad.

Has anyone else sent this to family and friends? If so, what kind of response did you get?

Hi Alice, I'm so sorry for your recent BFN and the loss of your little boy. Its a hard journey I know after 9 cycles myself. I loved this video as it definitely summed up the pain of our loss and waiting. I sent it onto family and friends but I never received a reply as I think it was just too confronting for them. Perhaps I sent it in the wrong way and would do it differently next time, maybe asking them to acknowledge that they had watched it and that they had a sense of the pain we were experiencing or that they would try to be there for us in the way the video says what we need.
    I think its a silent pain in many ways and people just don't like to talk about things that make them sad especially when they can't do anything to ease the pain, when ironically the video tells them EXACTLY what it is we want and need from them *sigh*.

Best of luck in the future for you xx

Dusty, congratulations on the birth of your daughter, that is so inspiring and exciting. Thanks for your reply too...I feel a bit lost at the moment, don't know where to post, just floating and sad. Wow, 9 cycles. We are similar in age too. That gives me so much hope. I wish I could stop hoping and longing, but I can't. I think what you said is so right - most people just don't like talking about sad things especially sad things they have no control over. My brother just thinks I should tough it out and be positive. It's not what you want to hear when you are grieving. What he doesn't realise is that we do tough it out - over and over again - and we do stay positive - our relationships with our nieces and nephews and the children of our close friends is testament to that. But some days we falter and we hurt and that's when rather than trying to find something to say or do to fix things we just want the people close to us to hold us and comfort us and tell us that we'll be OK, that we'll get through it. Congratulations once again on your little miracle and for sharing your thoughts here xx

Default "Empty Arms, Broken Hearts"

Bump!

Wow, I know this link is old but I've just watched it for the first time... So touching and so sad to know I'm in their shoes. I hope that couple got their dream!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123