Thread: Endometrial Biopsy Standard with Tubal Patency Ultrasound????????

Default Endometrial Biopsy Standard with Tubal Patency Ultrasound????????

Hi all. Hoping you can help me...
    This morning I had a tubal patency ultrasound at East Melbourne Ultrasound. I had been given a pamphlet on the procedure and thought I understood what was going on but then, to my surprise, while I was there, the doctor performed a scraping for an endometrial biopsy. I wasnt expecting this but it didnt occur to me to ask whether this was the normal procedure (it said nothing about it in the brochure). Now (of course) I am worried that he saw something nasty and is testing to see what it is.

I dont go back to my FS for a few weeks so it would be great if anyone out there could let me know whether the biopsy is common/standard????

thanks!!!

n2l

Hi N2L,

I had a HSG done at the same clinic about 12 months ago. I didn't have a biopsy. When I had a Lap at the Freemason's I requested a biopsy just to cover all bases.

I'm not sure if a biopsy with HSG is standard, but I do think it's worth it as you only really want them to do the procedure once. They usually tell you immediately if they see something of concerns, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope you have some success really soon.

Did you see the request slip from your FS? Maybe he was being thorogh and covering all bases by ordering that as well.

Default endometrial biopsy

Hi,

Did your doctor give you full anesthesia? I am scared. Is it normal to take full anesthesia?

Thanks

timtam

Default biopsy

Hi TimTam

No, no anaesthetic. Apparently they dont think it is necessary (IMHO they are wrong ) They tell you to take painkillers beforehand. DO IT!!

n2l