Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Excited and scared....first IVF cycle

Smile

Hi Janie, im at monash ivf. The people there are really nice and supportive. gee i hope i react well to the syneral as well! My blood test isnt until next thursday. So hope all goes well! I must admit as much as I'am scared of needles, I'm actually looking forward to starting the injections and the collection and transfer!! and the BFP!!!!

Hi Janie, Thank you! good luck to you too!I'm at monash IVF -staff there are really nice and supportive. am trying to be really good and eat up all my fruits and veggies and no caffiene!!
    I'm really looking forward to starting the injections soon!(even though i hate needles)...and the collection and transfer and BFP!!!!

Thanks, I know, I have to be patient and stay positive.
    I am going through Sydney IVF.

yep staying positive is the way to go! Im going to do that as well! Well im off the pill now since sunday and the nurse said i should get my period soon. But i still havent got it yet-do have some brown discharge so i might be getting it soon! Blood test is thursday to see how im responding to the syneral and going off the pill. Hopefully i will be starting the injections soon! Is it better to get hubby to do the injections or yourself? I just thought it might be nice to get him involved He's quite exited about it! Have been on syneral for about a week now and have no symptoms! Does anyone know if that is bad or good? I hope my body is responding well to it otherwise they might delay in starting the injections

bubbles - I got my DH to give me the injections - to keep him involved.
    I am a confirmed needle phob and hate injections of any sort. The daily injections (if you get them into the fatty bit on your tummy) don't hurt (which surprised me). it was more the thought of the injections that concerned me.

im starting the injections tomorrow!! im so nervous, not sure how to do the priming bit. does anyone know?

bubbles, its on the instruction book - I used gonal-f, stick the needle on the pen, dial the end to 37.5 (I don't think I pulled the end bit out), take the safety caps off the needle, hold the needle to face the ceiling (vertical), then flick/tap the pen a few times with your index finger, you will see a fine drop on the tip of the needle - then the pen is primed - you just need to get the airbubbles out, so as soon as the drop appears, it means the needle is full of fluid.

have fun and don't forget to aim for the fattie part

Hi girls
    I can totally relate to what everyone is saying. I went to see my FS 6 weeks ago and she put me on progynova to mature things a bit, which disappointed me as we were hoping to start. Went back this tuesday and its worked a treat so im on ravolera now for 5 days to try and get a period (i only get a period every 12-18 months) but instead of 5-7 days it can take weeks to happen..don;t know why. Once it starts hopefully next week sometime im on the injection, ultrasound and blood test merry-go-round. Im really excited but petrified i dont know what will happen with my body and am afraid of failing. Anyway its nice to have people that understand, i will keep you updated.

Bee

thanks tarkine, im going to try tonight!! im sooo nervous!! Do you get any side effects from this?

i just did it!!! The first injection, well hubby did it and to my surprise it didnt hurt at all!! Yay!!

Bubble weel done and they get easier from here

thanks tiggerlinda i sure hope so!! The area feels a little crampy, is that normal? Also does anyone know wether microdermabrasion is safe to do whilst on ivf?

Crampy and twinges are usuall mostly because you are aware of it sweet

Your body is more sensative but have not heard about avoiding Micro D

I've started the injections too (my husband giving them too). They do hurt a bit, mainly when the stuff goes in, I think because it's so cold from the fridge. Some days don't hurt much, and others hurt more.
    Glad to be moving forward with everything and things work out well and my body is getting lots of eggs ready for collection!
    I meanwhile have the flu, so taking the nasal spray has been pretty awful lately.
    good luck Bubbles.

hi possums, glad all is going well for you, do you still keep your in the fridge still? I kept mine in the fridge before i opened the packet, and then now after opening i dont have it in the fridge anymore(well thats what it says in the booklet) or am i still meant to still keep it in the fridge? Well im on day 4 of the injections, not much side effects except a liitle bloaty and twinges here and there, a little tired and thats pretty much it. Hope fully im making many eggs!! My blood test and scan is this friday!!!! Hope all goes well!!!!!

hey bubbles, the injections are meant to stay in the fridge, the syneral can stay in the pantry (or other coolish spot).

I had a very strong reaction to syneral, to the point where I had to have days off work. It eased up a bit when I went on the gonal f, but then I got bloating and tender ovaries and by the end of it I was really happy to have the trigger.. just drink the 2L+ a day.

i'll keep everything crossed for you for friday - I found out that they book you in for 'harvest' when most of them get to about 20mm.. unfortunately for me, they harvested when I was about 15-18mm.. But I got 4 good ones.. and you only need one!

oh no, I didnt keep them in the fridge!! At first before i didnt use the needle yet i kept it in the fridge and then after when i first started the injections i left them in room temp.
    I'm so worried now, will it have an effect?

Hi girls - I've been following your progress as I'm starting my first round of OI soon - hopefully mid July - not full blown IVF but lots of similar injections! Hope you don't mind if I come and chat with you in here!

How are you finding the emotional side of it all? I'm scared that I'm going to turn into a screeching freak!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast