Thread: Fertility Trial in Victoria - Volunteers

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Fertility Trial in Victoria - Volunteers

Passing on details of a study which I have been contacted about:

[quote]Hi,

I am writing to inform you of a clinical trial being conducted during 2006 and 2007. The trial aims to evaluate the effectiveness of Gonstead Chiropractic for infertile women trying to conceive. The study has commenced but more volunteers are required to improve the validity of this trial. I would appreciate your assistance in obtaining volunteers.

To give you a brief insight, chiropractic is based on the fact that the nervous system supplies and controls every part of a person’s being. Even with slight interference in this system, the body can malfunction and this may manifest in many ways including pain, stiffness, headache, indigestion, amenorrhea, cramping, etc.

Gonstead Chiropractic is a very thorough and highly specific system of chiropractic utilizing the refined art of skeletal analysis to detect any harmful misalignments and then specifically correcting them to restore proper nerve function and maximum health.

As a Gonstead Chiropractor, I will inform each participant in the study if interference to the nervous system is identified. They would then be offered treatment to correct the misaligned bone using a gentle hands-on approach, which is the trademark of the Gonstead practitioner. The treatment is safe and bio-mechanically accurate and specifically targets the misalignment which is what sets the Gonstead approach apart from other Chiropractic treatment.

For potential participants to be included in this study they must:

• Be considered infertile (have been trying for at least 1 year)

• Not participate in other fertility treatments/therapies for the duration of care for this study

I would like to have a preliminary meeting with all women who meet these two points to discuss the possibility of inclusion into this study.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon (see below).

Dr Thomas Egan - Gonstead Chiropractor

p:

Last edited by sushee; November 13th, 2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: unsticking
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know