Thread: FET

barney Guest

Default FET

just wondering if someone can tell me if you can have a natural FET or does it have to be stimmed.
    we only have 1 frozen bub and we dont no weather to use him or do another complete cycle to try for some moe embies

Hey Smithy,
    I had a natural FET last month - we had no stims, not even progesterone support after transfer. Unfortunately, it was a BFN for us, but I have no idea if that was the reason.
    Vicki

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I also always had natural FETs. Like Pookiegirlba I too didn't have progesterone support with those FETs.

The one time when we only had the one emby left, my FS suggested a stim cycle instead of an FET, but ultimately that decision would be yours and your DH's.

barney Guest

thank You

Hi Smithy,
    Our two FET have both been 'natural', although I have had progesterone post transfer as I often get spotting post 'O'. The progesterone is more of a 'safety net' according to my FS - just in case.

Good luck with your decision and hope that you get your BFP.

FG

barney Guest

hey farmgirl thanks for the info are you going to try another fet with your last frosty

smithy - i had medicated FET's - but they weren't stimmed - there was no O at all - just estraogen to build a decent lining, then progesterone support after that. i'm guessing if you O naturally, they'll go for a natural FET as it seems there are more success stories from natural FET's..

Bollie Guest

Default FET

Hi All
    I have just under gone my first FET on 28 July. I was lucky our ONE and only frosti survived the thraw. It was A LDS FET and I am having pregnyl every 3 days for support. Now I have that long long wait till 12 August. Just needed to get down on paper (well text) and hopefully out of my head for the time been. Like all that have been down this path I would not look forward to another round of IVF. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Great news Bollie.

You are welcome to join the two week wait thread here with others in a similar position.

Wishing you all the best!
    xx

According to my FS, natural FETs give better pregnancy rates. But they are much harder to coordinate as the clinic needs to wait for ovulation, which will often require daily blood tests. If your clinic isn't open on weekends this can be difficult. For this reason, it appears that the regional clinics seem to favour medicated FETs as it gives them more control over when they can transfer rather than being subject to the whims of our bodies.

As for the whether to go for another stim or use that frosty... It can all be a bit of a gamble. I have crap defrosting rates and personally would go for another stim cycle given the choice. However, my FS favoured using all frozen embryos before the next stim (I'm not sure whether this was with everyone or just with me and my bad reactions to stim cycles). It also seems entirely more normal to have much better defrosting rates than I had.

Probably best to discuss it with your FS. From memory you're at a regional clinic that can only operate at set times... Might be best to check out what's possible with your clinic regarding times and factor that into your decision. Good luck!

BW