Thread: Finally Moving Forward

Default Finally Moving Forward

Hi guys

I just couldnt wait to post to let all those who have been following my TTC story that I saw a doctor today who is willing to investigate our unexplained infertility at a deeper level. Dr Gavin Sacks is a lovely man who set us at ease from the start . After so many fob offs and drs unwilling to investigate further I was so nervous to pursue a second opinion and it was worth it. He is going to test me for NK cells and even dig deep into my immune system.Hubby has to produce another sample for a DNA test to rule out implamatation problems. And for once I was vindicated in my feelings that I need hormaonal support through an IVF cycle when he agreed with me.

I feel so great that something else is being done even if everything appears normal then at least we know all avenues have been covered and we will just have to wait for our little miracle to happen a bit longer. Ooh and the costs arent that more expensive than at westmead so bonus!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post but I feel so so happy and confident about oneday becoming parents. I think we are in the right hands. Thanks for all of you who reccomened Dr Sacks to us. When he asked who reccomended us to him I just
    said that I had found a wonderful website and where the girls there think very highly of you.

Yay! Collo, I'm so very happy to see that you have hope again! It's just the greatest feeling to know that a doctor is taking you seriously. Good luck with all the tests, I know just how much fun it can be trying to organise the time for them all.

And three cheers for Dr S! wooo!!

BW

Hey collo hun. Im glad your getting some answers. I wish you loads of luck hun.

Take care

Great news Collo! Dr Sacks will be my next stop for sure!!!

Well I think it will worth a visit he seems so caring and willing to help. Goodluck

Good luck to you too hun...hope we'll both be in the preg threads soon

Oh me too I cant wait to post in there. It feels so wierd to finally have someone liosten to us . Its like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders... Good luck to you too ellie

Hi Collo,

Wow ... what a small world! Dr Gavin Sacks actually did my EPU! Only met him briefly before hand and he really put me at ease. I am seeing Dr Graeme Hughes - through same clinic. (Did you go to Maroubra?).
    My FS was o/s, but was happy with Dr Gavin Sacks.

Wishing you all the best and hope to hear how it all goes for you! Keep us posted!

Mon

WOO HOO!!

Collo I'm SO happy that you went to see Gavin and you're so excited about the future again.

He is a wonderful, wonderful man. Can't praise him highly enough!!

Thanks for all the positive comments Im a little excited about someone helping us. Have some tests thus tuesday so I guess we will known more soon