Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRST EPU Tomorrow!!!!

Default FIRST EPU Tomorrow!!!!

Hi guys!

Im having my first EPU tomorrow and Im very nervous. I had a blood test and scan and it looks like only 8 follies which Im very disappointed in because of all the effort/drugs/mood Ive been in- but hopefully 2 will be good to transfer!

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me in regards to tommorow! Anything that you found helpful?

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Kim,

Good luck wth tomorrow!! I'm sure it will all be fine. What time is it all happening?

How many days did you inject before the EPU? How many blood tests & US's did you have?

I've been injecting for 7 days now and I've got my 1st blood test tomorrow morning. I'm just so keen to move onto the next stage!

Sam

Kim, don't be too disappointed with only 8 follicles, we only saw 8 on my u/sounds and I was really disappointed too, but when I woke up in recovery I was told they'd collected 14 eggs, and even better than that, all 14 went on to fertilise!

My advice following epu is to have some panadeine and a heat pack handy. You might be lucky and only have minimal discomfort, but I was quite uncomfortable the afternoon of epu, but was back to normal the next day.

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for that Willow- But I do think I have that amount as my estrogen levels are in accordance to that many follies! Im really dissapointed as the reason were having IVF is because of MF Ive never had a problem with ovulating etc-so I was expecting a big amount! Is there a reason for this? Is it age?

Sammi- I went for my BT and US on Monday- I think it was day 13 or 14 on 250 puregon.I had two BT and US in all! Let me know how you go!

Hey Sweety,

Good luck for tomorrow, don't stress to much and yes easier said than done lol. Your going to feel nervous, anxious but once its over just rest up and don't be scared to ask for pain relief if you need it.........only time your gonna get it for free .
    If you don't get alot of eggs pls don't be too disappointed the first always seems to be a learning curb for your FS as they are never 100% sure what dosage to put you on first go.

Wishing you good luck and remember just rest up afterwards.

Shazz.
    xx
    Last edited by shazld; March 6th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks for your kind wishes!

Im really very nervous about it all- and Im worried thats its going to be grim!

Good luck for tomorrow Kim.
    How exciting for you! Please don't worry too much about the numbers. I asked my FS because I was getting 6 or 8 picked up each time and was feeling totally inadequate as I had heard a lot of girls on here with really high numbers. He said that 8 to 10 was the optimal number. (not sure why. maybe worries over hyperstim) So, sounds like you are going just perfect!!
    As for discomfort, I didnt find it too bad really. I felt a bit blah from the anesthetic and a bit sore in the region but nothing too unbearable, around the same level as period pain (which I get quite bad). When I came around they did offer me tablet or injection and tablet was sufficient.... good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Women are really quite strong resilient creatures, nothing like "the weaker sex".

Kim, my one time cycle buddy!

I just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow, even though it's with a little hint of sadness that I'm not going in at the same time and feel so far away from that point right now.

Will certainly be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for success even though you are feeling a little disappointed with those numbers. Wait and see - it only takes one!

BW

Thank you soooo much guys!

I will try and let you know how things go as soon as I can!

xx Kim

good luck for tomorrow Kim!

sorry no advice! But wanted to wish you well, best wishes and hope all goes well.

Just an update guys!

Got back from hospital and got 11 follies which Im happy with- there getting ICS'd as we speak so im still very anxious as its MF probs....but I'll keep you posted!

Met a girl at the hospital today who is an egg donor- she produced 18 eggs for a couple! She's in a same sex relationship and her partner has had three IVF's and 14 transfers in total! and there's nothing wrong with her! That just scares me!!!!!

Anyway Hope everyone is well!

x Kim

Hi Kim!!!

I'm a little confused - did you get 11 follies or 11 eggs???!!!

Congrats either way, thats fantastic!!!
    Fingers crossed for the icsi now.... you'll do great!

xxxx

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Kim,

That's great. How are you feeling?

wow, 14 transfers and none stuck?? That is scary... I wonder what the problem is? How difficult to deal with. The poor girl.

So how long do you wait now?? Are you having 5 day blastocysts or 3 day transfers?

Congratulations again!

Sam

Sorry 11 eggs!

Also i was just wondering whats the difference between a 3 day or 5 day transfer! Im having a 3 day but I wasnt given an option! Im going back in on Friday!

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Kim,

I found this on the IVF Australia website:

"Some people may have their embryos cultured(grown) for an extra 2-3 days, using complex specific ‘sequential’ culture media and this is called Blastocyst Culture. This allows further determination of the continued development and viability of the embryos."

I wasn't really given the option of anything but the 5 day blastocyst. I'm not sure how the doctors decide which one you have.... I think it costs more though!

Fingers crossed for a good rate of fertilisation for your 11 eggs.

Hi Kim!

11 eggs, thats fantastic!!!
    I have had 3 transfers - all 5 day blasts - my clinic only does 5 days so we had no choice.
    It is just to grow them longer with the thought that if they make it that far then they should continue on to pregnancies..... no such luck with us as yet!
    Everyone I know that has fallen pregnant through IVF have all had 3 days, so I guess its a matter that different clinics will argue different points of view.
    We have had 5 embies put back on the total of 3 transfers, all blast, so who can say really???
    We're thinking about asking our clinic next time round if we can do a 3 day... I'm a little inclined to think that maybe they have just as good a chance back inside of mum where they belong as soon as possible.... I'm just clutching at straws, some people have told me, but who knows really?????!!!!!
    Good luck for Friday... how many are you having put back?

Holly
    xxxxxxxxx

We'll be going to blastocyst if we get enough embryos. The way my clinic does things, if there are 3 or more on day 2, they go to blast, otherwise they transfer anyway. The idea being blasts have a greater chance of sticking (apparently), but it's better to transfer something rather than nothing if there isn't enough on day 2. I haven't got all of that aspect of things fully figured out just yet, but I'm working on it.

BW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast