Thread: Follicles stopped growing half way

Default Follicles stopped growing half way

I have 20+ follicles when i had an u/s on thursday which was good i had a heap between 10mm-14mm and a few at 15mm i had another u/s today and nothing has changed all my follicles are exactly the same only 1 is 16mm all the others are still around 10mm and 5 are 15mm and i am on cycle day 11 day 9 of injections they are upping my dose of puregon tomorrow and i have a repeat BT and u/s monday and if there isn't at least 5 follicles at 18mm they will cancel my cycle.
    So far only 1 out of 20+ follicles is big enough.
    Also my E2 is way lower this cycle than last i got up really high where they had to trigger me early because i had to many follicles but only 8 were mature.
    Is it normal to make so many follicles and respond well at the beginning only for it to die in the a#se half way what a disapointment and what a waste of all those follicles.
    Does anyone have any similar stories.

Did anyone have something similar that turned out ok!

I guess not.

Sorry! I've heard of no follicles growing because one big one kind of "eats" all tho hormones and stops the others growing at all, but not all follicles just stopping mid-cycle.

I wonder if that big one grew too fast for the others to keep up and it's now stopping the others from going anywhere?

It's always fun and exciting to have something turn up in IVF that nobody has ever had before. I hope it turns out ok!

BW