Thread: Freaking out!

Default Freaking out!

I'm currently just over a week through a 4 week delay in being able to start IVF, because of really dodgy insulin levels.

My FS has put me on the pill, and I haven't missed any tablets. Today I'm freaking out because I'm bleeding. Before I started taking the pill, they did a blood test to see if it would be ok, but it had been over 90 days since my last period at that stage.

Should I be concerned? What do I do?!

Just to make everything worse, we're going out for the day to visit my SIL.

*panic*

BW

BW, have you rung the clinic? It's probably best to do it for your own peace of mind. They'll know the right questions to ask to work out what is going on.

Let us know what they say when you get a chance.

I have no idea BW but :hugs: Is your doctor available today? or some other medical person so you can find out about this?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

it might be breakthru bleeding I got it every time I went on the pill -

don't freak out BW - it's probably just break through bleeding - i know a number of people that complain about that with the pill - especially those on low dose

DH eventually found a number for me to call the nurses at the clinic - they are only open for two hours on Saturdays and Sundays, but fortunately we were bang in the middle of those two hours.

They said pretty much the same thing - breakthrough bleeding, but if it got heavier or didn't stop in a day or two, to give them a call back, as it may mean that my body (perverse, uncooperative thing it is!) had decided to have a period anyway as it had been quite some time since my last one, and if it was, they may need to re-assess the IVF start time. After I'd found out that much, DH rushed me out the door to go visit SIL, and we've only just got back. It seems to have pretty much stopped at this stage, but I'm feeling a little crampy, so I guess it's just a wait and see thing. I need to stay on the active tablets at this stage.

I'd never had this problem when being on the pill before! Although I'd only changed to this one in the last couple of years, most of the 13 years I spent on it I was at a slightly higher dose.

I feel a bit more relaxed about things now... but I was really quite stressed and panicked about it for a bit there!

BW

BW, I'm glad you're more relaxed about it.

Don't be shocked about breakthrough bleeding. I've had it while on the pill too ... years ago. Used to get it when I skipped the sugar pills for a couple of cycles. My body would only cooperate with that regimen for so long.

Hope it settles down for you.

Still bleeding here. Unlike the nurse I spoke to on Saturday, this one was horrible!

At this stage, even though it's not stopping, it's still just *there*, she says to just ignore it. Even though it could very well continue indefinitely, just don't worry about it! gah! I couldn't get through to her that I'm not worried it will delay the start of IVF even further, I'm worried that my body is doing what it's not supposed to be doing! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised - my body has never done what it's supposed to do!

The worst thing is that now, after getting a not-so-nice nurse on the phone, I'm now terrified of calling the clinic again if I need to. What sort of person tells you that something isn't normal, but don't worry about it?! How can I not worry about this?

BW