Thread: Frozen Cycle Question!!! Crinone or pessaries????

cazzoom Guest

Default Frozen Cycle Question!!! Crinone or pessaries????

My SIL is going to be doing a frozen cycle. her transfer is next week.

Her stim cycle she got OHSS and could not do a transfer.

Anyway She was told for this transfer she can't use the Crinone that she has and she has to get the pessaries and use them. Does anyone know the reason for this???

Thanks girls

Cazz

Cazz - I have no answer for you and asked my nurse the same question with this cycle. It seems fresh = crinone and frozen = pessaries. She said it was a costing factor at their clinic and had nothing to do with effectiveness. We pay for pessaries but they pay for crinone. She didn't really answer my question, so hopefully someone else here will.

cazzoom Guest

The thing is. if cost is the only reason for this. My SIL has a perfectly good box of crinone at home and 22 frozen embryos. i doubt they will be doing another stim cycle any time soon.

If its just cost for the reason I think she should just use the crinone

Cazz

abs Guest

OMG ! 22 frozen

Wow, I thought my other half was odverstimulated with 15 and 16 collected (and 9 & 11 successfully fertilising)

Hope she's doing okay now - and best wishes for the upcoming FET

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Cazz
    I think it has to do with cost too - she can ask her clinic both are progesterone and supplement the lining - I can't imagine why else.

The pessaries are much cheaper - 50%

I wish her all the best you are a lovely lady to post this for her under the circumstances - she should really appreciate you. :flower:

BY all accounts Crinone is much more pleasant to use IYKWIM and less leftover and less having to lie down for absorption.

with hope
    Trish

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Trish,

I hate Crinone! Mainly coz of the yucky stuff that seemed to come down after. Eeeew!

Pessaries are more work with having to lie down after and having to have them 3 times a day, but give me them over Crinone any day!

love
    sushee

cazzoom Guest

Thanks guys!
    I really appreciate the replys!

I decided to just call MIVF directly and ask the reasons.

What they said was that because Crinone is government sponsered it is only given out at the stim cycle. They think that paying out the high cost of Crinone at the chemist....I think about $200 for 15 days worth(correct me if I am wrong) compared to $33 for 15 pessaries there is no comparrasin.

They are both progesterone and both do the same job then there should be no reason why she cant use the cronone she already has.

She is going to ask her doc(who is also my doc) at the transfer just in case there is another reason other than cost!!

abs ~ tell me about it! first IVF cycle and all while I was doing my second and only ended up with 2 embies to transfer......... Im not bitter or angry. Just insanely jealous!!

Trish ~ thanks. I cant stop the world from populating so who better to get one thank my SIL.............at least I will have contact with another beautiful baby!!

Cazz

abs Guest

3 times a day for Pessaries - we only them twice

And even then it was only the last or 2nd last time we heard anything about lying down after it... Made sense after we were told :-k

Cazz,
    I always used pesseries, frozen and stim cycles. They seemed to work ok.
    I'm sure it must be at the doctors discresion or preference to use. Good luck for SIL!
    I only did 2 a day also
    Bec

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by abs
    3 times a day for Pessaries - we only them twice
    Wow, I must have been half asleep when I wrote that...

Should have been something like:

3 times a day for Pessaries ?? - We only used them twice a day !

Andrew-
    well are you keeping Otto a surprise or is BUB a BOY or a GIRL

abs Guest

Sorry - just haven't updated my sig - was planning on that today with looking into the ticker thing

Otto is very much a BOY - we threw away the long list of girls names we had, and starting on the boys names now

Will upload the scan piccies too maybe tonight. Need to reformat the document a bit to reduce the size too (>1Mb atm)

I did mention it in the Baby Buddies thread though \/

congratulations on your little :boy: Andrew & Jen

abs Guest

thx Trish \/