Thread: Gonal F & Ovulation

Default Gonal F & Ovulation

Hi Guys,

I have a prob and just wanted to see if anyone out there has had a similar thing happen to them.

In Oct I had my first IUI which was unsuccessful, the FS suggested taking a break the next month and start up again the following. But I dont think I have ovulated this month? I always (and I mean ALWAYS) have Ovulation symptoms- as soon as I ovulate I get really sore breasts (every month) and this month-nothing! I used an ovulation test and it indicated an LH surge and everything leading up to O seemed OK- then no sign afterwards!

I spoke to the nurse at IVF Aust who said that it would be extremelly rare for that to happen, I'm temping also and the Temps seem OK perhaps a little low for past ovulation but certainly indicated a shift.

Does anyone have any thought on this? Im a little concerned that the meds have muddled up my ovulation.

Hi KIm,

I would probably think you did in fact ovulate seeing as though you still had the temp shift. According to my acupuncturist, we are not supposed to feel sore Breasts and ovulation pain etc. so maybe thats a good thing. I reckon if you saw a clear thermal shift you did still O. Sorry your first try wasn't a success, I hope next time is better!!