Thread: Headless sperm, I can't find much about it, anyone know?

Default Headless sperm, I can't find much about it, anyone know?

So DF's SA has said he has a lowish count, with low motility and really bad morph (96% bad). The 96% are headless (anucleated spermatozoa). The FS said that there is no chance of this changing or improving in any way. Anyone with info, advice? TIA

Im sorry I dont have any advice, just didn't want you to not get any replies!
    I hope someone can give you some info hun

I can't even find much on google, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a reply...but JIC there's someone else out there who has gone through it, I thought I'd try. Thanks for replying, that's so sweet

i dont know much about the actual condition, but from what i understand, all the genetic makeup is in the head of the sperm, as once they have burrowed into the egg, they lose their tail anyway.

sorry im not much help i just saw your post and wanted to give you i hope u find some solution!

Oh no That is such a cruel blow for you I don't have any advice or experience, but I hope someone does

im really sorry to hear this news for you. have you tried seeing a np? or ap? i know one thing that i feel helped improve DH sperm was royal jelly and zinc as well as folate, vit C and cq10

if you are going to investigate with natural threapies then i would give it at least 3mth then get a re test xx

thanks guys

loula, this was the second SA unfortunately with a 3 month wait between the last. We are going to look into ways to improve the remanining, heads-still-attached sperms quality, just a bit stumped as to where we should be looking now. DF was taking Menevit but now just plain old zinc multi.

Quote Originally Posted by xXHopeXx View Post
    i dont know much about the actual condition, but from what i understand, all the genetic makeup is in the head of the sperm, as once they have burrowed into the egg, they lose their tail anyway.

sorry im not much help i just saw your post and wanted to give you i hope u find some solution!

:yeahthat:

Hugs hun. I hoep you find what you're looking for.