Thread: Help Advice Needed Re Egg Pick Up

FunMumma Guest

Default Help Advice Needed Re Egg Pick Up

Hello ladies i have been away for a while and since ive posted last have done another cycle of IVF. Just to recap cycle 1 i was cancelled before recieving the trigger injection as after 6 days i had 40+ follies all at 20mm so i hyperstimulated. Cycle 2 was cancelled as i made no follies and here i am at cycle 3. I was on puregon 100units for 9 days then added pregnyl 100units to try and biggen up the follies i had instead of making more (pcos sufferer) now my scan showed approx 35 follies the biggest is 21 x 20. They were thinking of cancelling me as they were worried again about OHSS but as my oestrogen is showing 5400, they said it looks like only half or so of those follies are actually active. So tuesday night at 8.45 i give the trigger injection and i am packing it. Since being on the pregnyl i have had nausea and a day of vomiting and im so so scared ill HSS. Has anyone here gone to pick up with 30 + follies and what were your oestrogen levels?? Was anyone else scared ****less??? I know i should trust them, but im an ed nurse and have nursed a PCOS lady with OHSS and it wasnt pretty. Multiple multi organ problems... Am i being silly???? Weve never made it to a pick up in the 3 cycles so its all new to us??? Advice?

ann Guest

Funmamma,

In June I did a cycle and I had 54 follies. The Dr only collected 28 as he said he didn't want to be greedy. Can't remember my levels at that stage. 5 days later we were supposed to go back for transfer, my levels had gone through the roof. Dr's didn't want to do the transfer(due to hyperstimulating) but I insisted. We had 2 embies transfered, but unfortunately my levels plummeted just after this, Dr said my body just couldn't keep that level up for an extended amount of time.

hope this helps in some way.

Ann

Funmamma,
    I did my first pick up with 60+ follicles no OHSS then another at 40 something no OHSS lol then one with 12 and got OHSS. I had 3 day transfers with the first 2 stim cycles but defered on the latest. I have PCOS and was only on 125iu. When I had OHSS I couldnt breathe but never needed hospitalisation. They keep a good eye on you when they do big pick ups , I think there are bigger probs if you go to transfer and falling pregnant with it.
    I hope all goes well on Thursday
    Bec

FunMumma Guest

Thanks guys. Just did my trigger injection and im crying heaps.... So so scared. Just got my updated oestrogen levels from today and it is 11134. Dont really know what that means but i guess i just have to hope and pray that im well. My DP is an ambo so he has already said he is staying up ALL night watching me and will be jumping on any problems asap. I dont know if im crying so much due to hormones or pure fear. Thanks for your good wishes xoxoxo will keep you all posted.

Awww, You poor Darl, Hows things going? Totally empathise with you. Good luck

FunMumma Guest

Well been away for a while. had pick up. Got 17 eggs 15 mature 13 fertilised with ICSI and 1 was transfered in to me and 6 were good for freezing so all in all i did great i think. Wasnt as scary as i expected and i havent hyperstimulated. Now on the TWW and it is the hardest thing ive ever done. How early did anyone here get a posiive result after transfer. Thanks for all the support

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I didn't get a BFP with a HPT at all, only with a BT, as did Mel (Melbo) I think, but if you must HPT (and if you're anything like me, you will!) I reckon definitely not any earlier than 11 post transfer with a day 2 transfer, or 9 days post transfer for a blast (which mind you would make you 14dpo anyway!) Blasts are transferred the day they would normally implant, so it's been known to display lower HCG levels at 14dpo than day two transfers.

Did I make sense?

Funmumma
    I'm sorry I missed your earlier post. I had EPUs with 39 amd 41 follies and E levels close to 10,000 at trigger and I didn't hyperstim - so I could have spared you a bit of worry.

That is a great result. I got 3 and 4 embies from my 39 and 41 so you are doing great girl!

Good luck with your precious cargo and don't forget to drink your 2L a day.

With me they did blood tests and d10 and d12 EPU but when I actually concieved I didn't get a BFP until d16dpo.

Each time I have had pick up have had more than 40 follies. I found painful afterwards, but also relieving pressure.

Well done on your results 7 out of 13 fertilised is a great result for freezing. We got 3 from 19 and 5 from 26, so you are doing just brilliantly!

Hope the time flies by for you... BTW would suggest not doing a HPT because you will most likley get a +ve even if you arent, so although the wait is hard it is better than that false +ve result (in my opinion)....

Fingers crossed for a +ve BT!

Glad to hear eveything went well for you! It is nerve racking,and you did very well, good on you. !!! My HPT came up negative, until at least a week after AF would have been due. But the BT at the Clinic was positive.

Good Luck, best wishes xx I hope you get your BFP!!