Thread: HELP! How long can you stim for?

Default HELP! How long can you stim for?

I am on day 11 of puregon and doctor wants me to go 2 more days then trigger which will be day 13 of puregon and day 15 of cycle with EPU on day 17 i always O in a natural cycle between day 11 and 13 is it bad to stimm for to long won't the eggs be no good and if i have EPU on day 17 and embryo TF 5 days later it will be day 22 my AF is due 6 days later that won't give much time for it to implant does that seem right.

You'll find that the IVF drugs will take over and your normal cycle length will not apply. Don't expect AF to arrive until around two weeks after EPU - your normal hormones are being switched off and swamped by artificial ones at the moment.

BW

Ok thanks i was freaking out it just seems a long time to be taking puregon.

I had to stim for 17 days once cause my follies took a while to get growing (they down regulated me too much).
    As BW says your natural cycle is suppressed with the drugs so don't worry about the length of the second half of the cycle, it will be fine.

I assume your FS is wanting your follies to grow bigger or to catch a batch of smaller ones.

Best of luck this month hun and heres hoping you wont see AF for at least another 10 months!

xx

Thanks dusty i have had a lead follicle since day 2 which has made my left ovary follicles grow really slow and the right side not grow at all and there is 13 on that side the doctor wants to give the left side a few more days to see how they go because they are almost big enough for trigger